Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #1

Daily....Thursday..

Morning Ladies, guess what?? the boiler man is coming at 10 now!!!someone has a burst boiler...I have been up since 6.30 again, not happy!!!!
Its bright this morning, but really cold....
Have a good one everybody...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #2

Re: Daily....Thursday..

Well, two past 10, so your man should be there Moli. Hope so. It's so annoying, and it must drive people who work outside their home frantic, as they take time off or alter their shifts to meet appointments and the so and so's never turn up. I must say we've been fortunate recently, as the oven repair man, boiler service and chimney sweep all turned up as arranged.
It's another reasonable day. Wonder if it's going to trail into a quiet peaceful autumn, to allow us gardeners time and opportunity to put back the ravages of the alleged summer? I've had an injured back (don't ask - inappropriate furniture shifting) for a couple of weeks, or probably three, so I've missed out on using this recent good weather. But, gardening is very forgiving, and there's always tomorrow.
Allotment Society AGM last night, and I have taken on the role of Treasurer. I don't think that entails actually moving around a lot of money - more taking in rents and paying out water bills etc, but I have other plans for improving and expanding things .... watch this space.
Hope everyone's day goes as they wish. Hope you had a peaceful school drop-off Yola. It's a worry but I think we worry too much about our children, which is easy to say when you are years away from it, rather than in the middle of it. At least the problems change, and the thing that was driving you frantic last month pales into insignificance when you compare it with this month's problem . Ho hum, remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger - that's why we women are such resilient beings.
OK - must away and do something constructive, not that it's not lovely catching up with people here. Does Smudgley pop in still? What about Luke?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #3

He is here!!!!and fitting the boiler as I speak, but my sons girlfriend had to take a day off work because I have the airport run at 3!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #4

Quite a nice day here, the sun is just beginning to break through..

My daughter called in earlier for a chat and a cuppa......and to show me the items she had bought this morning for Christmas!!!!! .......I have 3 birthdays to think of before that!!

DM ~ hope your back recovers soon........nothing better than therapeutic sessions sat infront of Catsey!

Moli ~ pleased to read the boiler man has finally decided to turn up at last.....you'll be able to go away tomorrow with an easy mind now..

Have an enjoyable day folks!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
25-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #5

Afternoon all!

Works beginning to calm down a bit now, I've literally not had time to come on at all - even in lunch breaks! We were going through a quiet spell over summer, hence why I was on here a lot, but am going to have to cut it down to half hour a day over my lunch or I'll be up to my eyeballs in work

A very 'bland' day here weather wise. I'm quite sleepy too; the boys have been really, really good lately and not waking us up in the morning. They've begun to realise that the alarm going off means we'll be getting up, so the moment it does, they jump all over us But this morning Minsky crept up beside me and decided to sleep on top of me for a while, he's a few pounds heavier than Darcy and boy could I feel it! It was very lovely, but now I'm very sleepy.

I'm off work Friday / Monday - the Glasgow holiday!! So going home to visit my Dad (and see my beloved Sophie! my grumpy grey tortie girl ) then I have my best bud ever from school picking me up and taking me back to Glasgow for a night in baking cakes and watching the Sex and the City movie So excited about my weekend!

Just wanted to say sorry I've not been on much; have been missing you all muchly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #6

Hello everyone! Had a lovely morning taking Joe (Mr. Cat) around Windsor, and then to a quaint, very traditional English pub in Sonning for lunch! Now back in the office.

Had a bit of a hairy moment this morning when dropping the boys off and nothing to do with the kids playing up about being left; I was driving down a narrowish road which had cars parked on the opposite side . . . therefore my priority. However, some hideously aggresive, chavvy creature decided that she didn't want to wait and we met nose to nose on my side of the road.

She refused to move and I certainly wasn't going to. The resulting 5-minute stand off had all the local people from out of their front doors and from out of the cars in the ensuing traffic jam, telling this woman that she didn't infact have right of way and she needed to move so I could pass. All she did was stand their screaming abuse at everyone and calling me a 'posh b***h' . Charming eh?

In the end she did move out of the way, but it left me quite shaken and Dominik was quite upset by it. I don't know why people are so belligerent, especially when they are in the wrong!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #7

What a horrible experience Yola but she certainly showed herself up, silly creature You were in the right after all.
I'm between night shifts and didn't get much shut-eye today, hope I'm not too busy tonight. It's a 12 hour shift and by 5am I'm absolutely worn out...
Haven't looked outside at the weather, much the same though I gather
Moli, hope you got your heating sorted out at last!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #8

Afternoon, all! Cloudy and very chilly even by your standards..only 14 degrees! Heavy cloud cover, as a nasty nor'easter storm is coming up the coast; we're supposed to get rain and strong winds even here in the City. Did tomorrow's marketing s o I can hunker down if it's nasty...hate to go out in rain......
Good news: my friend Carolyn (Kate, the little CRF tabby's mom) is moving back, she'll be here Oct. 15th!!

Yola: what an unpleasant situation!
Moli: glad the boiler man showed finally ....
meep: you're busy! But a half hour's better than none.....

Enjoy the day!

Edited: DM, forgot to say that Smudgley does still post, not as much as formerly as she's very busy; Luke almost never. Occasionally he will post some pics.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #9

Hiya all been to work, now home took Sal out now home, had dinner now on computer....interesting day eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #10

I only noticed today that we have a pigeon nest in the rowan tree that overhangs our fence with next-door. Morgan the pup found a nestling on the ground underneath the tree, quite dead poor thing. I didn't particularly want him to eat it and he handed it over very nicely. Good dog! A magpie was making a heck of a din nearby and I wonder if he'd stolen the baby from the nest and then dropped it. Good job the cats weren't there, they wouldn't have handed their prey over quite so easily!