Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #1

Long hair past 30!!

Opinions please! I have quite long hair (mid way down my back), and I have had quite a few comments lately about how I'm getting a bit old for hair this long, I'm 33 btw! What is your opinion on this, and I won't be offended as I'm looking to do something with it as it just hangs there, but not sure whether to cut it or keep the length and have it layered.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #2

Re: Long hair past 30!!

Do you ever wear it up Alex to give you an idea how shorter hair would suit you?

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #3

I wear it in a ponytail all the time (very grown up, lol) but I wouldn't want it cut into my face as I think my face shape is too round to suit that style.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #4

I was 40 this year Alex and only had my hair cut to shoulder length this year. I do prefer it shorter now but at your age I wouldn't have dreamnt of cutting it 'just because of my age'!! Do what you feel is right for you Alex not what you think you should do because of your age - which incidently is still an extremely young age!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #5

I am a good bit older than you Alex, and wear mine in a bob just down to my shoulders... My opinion is, do what you want, not what others expect of you...If you like your hair long then keep it long...

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #6

Still young, I like that Fran! thanks! I like having long hair but it's like rats tails as my mum used to say, and I want to have a more 'grown up' look, but I'm terrified of cutting it and hating it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #7

That's a personal choice and I don't think anyone should be critcized for their hair style regardles of age! I'm ancient compared to you and still wear my long hair in a pony tail...it suits me, my friends have been used to it for years, and I don't give a hoot if strangers think I'm too old for it. Incidentally, I'm still not grey; just genetics, my Dad's hair was still almost completely dark except for a bit around the temples when he died, and I inherited his hair: fine, limp, a tendency to curl in damp weather, and non-greying!!

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #8

Thanks Eileen! I'm going to show that to my mum, who is the one who is doing most of the nagging, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #9

A woman I see on the bus fairly regularly looks about my age or maybe a tad younger, and she's completely grey and wears her hair in a ponytail too! Nice looking woman, too! "Do what you wanna do" as the song says .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
30-12-2006, 02:07 AM   #10

Your hair is beautiful Alex.
You are the same age as me (I'm 4 months older than you actually) & I usually have longish hair. I like long hair. I don't think long / short hair is anything to do with fashion, just more about how you like your hair.