Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-08-2019, 04:03 AM   #1

I'm Back !!!!!

Hi to everyone on Catsey. Sorry I haven't been around for a while as I have had shingles badly. The virus went into my eyes and my sight was badly affected but I'm on the mend now, thank goodness. I've been thinking about you all ,especially you, Pamela , and I hope that all your kitties are doing well. My five have been a bit neglected lately and all are in need of a good groom as they have small mats underneath them. Oh, the joys of having long haired cats.!!! Willow, my big dog, has got a lot slower but still enjoys life and her food. She was my constant companion while I've been sick and never left me.I pray that I will have her for a while yet. My vet has told me that she obviously wants to be here with me, so I hope I have her for another xmas.

Pamela, do let us know how Barney's scans go.I'm keeping everything crossed for him and you. It must be great to see Harris enjoying the great outdoors My cats go outside once a day for around an hour and my daughter stays outside with them. They also have an outdoor enclosure running off the back conservatory which they can access any time, but it's not the same as free roaming and (heaven forbid) stalking birds !!!!! They've never managed to catch one luckily.Even Miracle, who is blind, stalks them.

Well, must go and rest my eyes as I'm only allowed on the computer for an hour a day at this stage. Love to all Catsey kitties and their guardians and a special cuddle for the beautiful Barney. Stay safe everyone.................Dinky

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-08-2019, 09:28 PM   #2

Re: I'm Back !!!!!

Hi diny, great to see you back on the forum. Sorry to hear you have been so unwell

Barneys scans showed he is deaf through old age. Thankfully he knows hand signals so we use alot of them now with him.

SOrry to hear Willow os slowing down I am sure she will be with you for christmas time!

Harris loves being outside but i do worry about him as he is so petite.

Your enclosure sounds great!! It will keep them safe as well as letting the get outdoors

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet.

Take care

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Hi Pamela, thanks for letting me know about Barney. Hey, it could have been much worse. Deafness isn't the end of the world and it's great that barney is well everywhere else !!!At least Mia is there to help. it's funny how dogs seem to instinctively know when something is wrong with one of their own and move in to help them. Cats don't seem to do that sort of thing, unfortunately. Dickens is deaf and the others tend to pick on him, especially Miracle, his mother who has always hated him. Barney will be OK, Pamela. he will compensate and as you say, he knows some hand signals.You just have to remember that if he's sleeping ,he won't hear you coming and you'd be better to stamp your feet when approaching so as not to frighten him. I always do that with Dickens anyway.

You're a wonderful cat and dog mum, so Barney and Harris are in safe hands.Harris is still a wee guy, eh? Oh well, some cats are just small and the poor wee guy has been very ill. I'm glad he loves going outside, but of course you will worry. It's only natural.

You have a great night, Pamela (and anyone else who might be around).I wonder what ever happened to Fecto's mum? She joined the forum at the same time I did, but she hasn't been around for a couple of years.

Must go and brush Snodgrass and try and get a couple of those matts off him.

Love and hugs to all Catsey kitties and their guardians and a special tummy rub for Barney boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #4

moring Dinky, not had a chance to get on. Been busy with my wee business as i have an evet this weekend!!

Thank you fo ryour lovely words about being a good pet mum. We try our best x

I had no idea dickens was deaf! that is a shame his mother doesnt get on with him poor boy.

I do hope you get the matts off the kitties, nothing worse when they have them!!

I have a busy day ahead of me in preperation for tomorrow!! take care