Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #1

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)

Has anyone had a furbaby who has this?

The vet has said tonight after taking skye for her boosters and him listening to her heart they have put it out there that she may have this but needs further investigation so we are back in 4 weeks for another listen to her heart.

Poor soul was stressed as it was in the vet

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #2

Re: Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)

Pamela, I'm sorry to hear that poor Skye is not well at the moment. I know nothing about HCM but I'm praying that Skye doesn't have it. I do hope that the vet is wrong.Do let us know how she gets on when you go back and see the vet. I'll be thinking of you both.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #3

thanks dinky x we have suspected since she was young that she has a murmur as her breathin "hiccups" after nearly every breath but previous vets we have told have never heard it until the vet last night did a proper check on her x

she is happy in herself which is the main thing, not any different from what she has always been. vet did say last night it could have been heightened becaue she was stressed. I love all my animals but she is my girl. I actually cant slee at night until she is laying between my legs or on them x

Almost a Veteran Member

26-02-2017, 01:17 AM   #4

Poor you, Pamela. You've been through a lot of worry with Harris and now Skye. I know just how you are feeling as my big dog, Willow is very unwell after a terrible reaction to medication. Please try not to worry until you know you have something to worry about. As you say, Skye is happy and presumably eating well.AND she was very stressed at the vet which certainly wouldn't help her breathing.I'm praying for Skye daily and will continue to do so until I hear the results of the vet visit.I'm sure your girl will be OK You hang in there Pamela.

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #5

thank you dinky xx

I do hope willow is ok and the reaction settles down x

I have been doing alot of reading to see what is involved so i am prepared if it is what the vet thinks. I believe its daily medication. Will wait and see though, as you say, no point worrying just now until we know what it is if its anything to worry about x

Vet on the 24th March so will see how she gets on then.

Harris is doing really well just now. He i schasing Skye about my livinroom as i type!!

Almost a Veteran Member

15-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #6

Hi Pamela, just wondering how Skye is doing. Not long now until the vet visit and then you can get things sorted for her. Do let us know the outcome of the visit. I'll be thinking of you and Skye on 24th.

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #7

Hi dinky x she is her normal self. No difference in her x

WI'll see what the vet says when we go.

Thank you for thinking of her x

Catsey Veteran

24-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #8

Good news!! The vet didn't hear anything abnormal when they listened to skyes breathing! ! Soo pleased ��

Almost a Veteran Member

24-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #9

Pamela, that is the best possible outcome you could have wished for. How marvellous for you and Skye and what a big relief for you.I was thinking of Skye yesterday (24th) but it probably wasn't the 24th for you.Anyway, thanks for letting us know.You must be thrilled. I know I am. Way to go, Skye.!!!!!