Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #21

Re: Maxi & Maisy on a big adventure outside.

Dandy, my Pura boy was sold as pet quality (a bit large for the breed standard, and eyes not quite big enough. I couldn't get his papers (TICA) until I had proof he'd been neutered. A pity, as he would have been a great show cat because of his personality ..would have wowed the judges. He went to a CFA show once just on exhibition and loved it, and everyone who met him loved him too. I wouldn't have swapped him for a Grand Champion!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
27-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #22

Thats OK , thats what these threads are for, and it`s nice to hear about other peoples stories which they are often remind about when reading other peoples threads, bet Dandy was a handsome cat .

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
01-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Thanks janey83, I think sooooo to .

Glad you like the photos of mt 2 baby kitties, and yes they certainly do make me smile LOL all the time.

No its not a GCCF slip it is a TICA registration slip.

Yes all 4 of his paws are white with such cute little pink paw pads, so sweet they are.

No I bet you wouldn`t swap her she is just a sweetheart, and of course Myrtle is as well.
I certainly wouldn`t swap Maxi or Maisy LOL aren`t we a couple of softies.

Haven't seen a TICA slip before, just interested to see how they say he's a pet only.

The reason I mention his paws ,
He has white on all 4 paws which is a must for a "with white cat"

maybe when he was a kitten he didn't look that showable.
Now he's maturing he's growing to be a handsome cat.
takes 4 years for a Maine Coon to reach his / her true potential.

We are both a bunch of softies hay, god help me if some of my friends found me on this forum hehe. I would get some right stick . Tho I'm proud to be a bit cat crazy.

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #24

Matt, on the bottom of the TICA certificate it states in brackets that Maxi is (not for breeding) and (not for showing), where as on Maisy`s it just has (not for breeding) on it.
When the breeder sold them she filled out the registration form and ticked the various information boxes then she sent them off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #25

Leesy - can you check with the breeder about this? When I bought Fifi she was sold as pet-only (it cost a bit less that way). The breeder told me that she was tempted to keep her for showing as her looks and temperament were perfect (the most docile cat ever).

She DID however say that if I changed my mind I should contact her and she will amend the paperwork - or something similar. As I wasn't interested in showing I didn't pay much attention but I do remember that sticking in my mind for some reason.

Your two are beautiful, especially so with the natural daylight on their coats. The subtleties of their colour and markings are just lovely

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Leesy - can you check with the breeder about this? When I bought Fifi she was sold as pet-only (it cost a bit less that way). The breeder told me that she was tempted to keep her for showing as her looks and temperament were perfect (the most docile cat ever).

She DID however say that if I changed my mind I should contact her and she will amend the paperwork - or something similar. As I wasn't interested in showing I didn't pay much attention but I do remember that sticking in my mind for some reason.

Your two are beautiful, especially so with the natural daylight on their coats. The subtleties of their colour and markings are just lovely
Thanks Yola I will certainly have a look into that, I can but ask can`t I.

We are first wanting to go to a few shows to get the jist of how things are actually done and what showing entails.

Thanks for your kind remarks about Maxi and Maisy