Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #21

Re: £1 a day

Totaly agree there Kim. I buy savings stamps every month put £50 in stamps, sometimes a little more. So after 12 months I have £600 and usually give my sister £300 of that....helps her out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #22

Has anyone had the experience of trying to take properly counted and bagged coins into a bank and asking to change them for paper money? I got a very frosty reception at my local branch of my own bank - and it was not at peak time or anything like that. I felt like I was being accused of robbing someone's piggy bank. Those Coinstar machines are good, but they take 10%.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #23

I've never tried that; I just take my rolled coins along with the checks when I make a deposit. I suspect my bank might be a bit difficult if I had a lot and wanted bills.....
And they are always touting service and customer satisfaction ..

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Has anyone had the experience of trying to take properly counted and bagged coins into a bank and asking to change them for paper money? I got a very frosty reception at my local branch of my own bank - and it was not at peak time or anything like that. I felt like I was being accused of robbing someone's piggy bank. Those Coinstar machines are good, but they take 10%.
I've never experienced that although I know people who have. I take my change into my Lloyds branch and no hassle pay it straight in. And Monday when I was there a lady in front of me had £310 of change and paid it into her account then withdrew £300 in notes. No problem I could see.

Be confident and smile. Its all money.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
02-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #25

I put £1 a day into a jar as well. I add any £2 coins I get and also 50p at the end of the day. It sounds a lot but I dont miss it and it fairly mounts up.

How do you think I paid for my cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #26

I save £2 coins and 50p's and when we go on holiday it pays for that something extra (car hire, upgrade on room, boat trip) it is worth doing and yes I occasionally dip in but not too often. I wish I could save a£1 a day and I may even have a go Kazz and see how I get on. Thanks for the tip. I save pennies, tuppences and five penny pieces and they go to the PDSA

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
You can take it bagged to the post office they don't mind it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #28

Am I the only one that sees today's banking as a problem for saving coins? My pay goes into my bank and all bills are sorted through direct debit. I pay for anything on my debit card whether it be £10 for petrol or £3 for some bread and milk. I NEVER use cash!!! So how does somebody like me save their coins? I never have any lol

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Am I the only one that sees today's banking as a problem for saving coins? My pay goes into my bank and all bills are sorted through direct debit. I pay for anything on my debit card whether it be £10 for petrol or £3 for some bread and milk. I NEVER use cash!!! So how does somebody like me save their coins? I never have any lol

Simple put a direct debit into action putting £7 a week or £28 a month into a savings account....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Simple put a direct debit into action putting £7 a week or £28 a month into a savings account....
Doh!!! Didnt think of that!!!!