Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
28-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #1

Mortgage company doing my head in

Okay I'll start fom the begining and hope you don't all fall asleep by the end

We fell behind on our mortgage payments last year but contacted our mortgage company to let them know and we set up an arrangement to pay our normal monthly payment plus and extra £82 to help clear the arrears.

I get a phoncall today telling me that our arrears are down to just over £200 and should be cleared in approx 4 months time. Yippeee!!!!!

Mmm well not so yippeee. After telling me this they then go on to add that altho the arrears will be clear we will still have a £600 bill for monthly arrears charges

Told them exactly what i thought of them and contacted the CAB. I've know written to the mortgage company asking for them to reconsider the charges as we were not aware of the monthly charges.

The interest they charge on the monthly instalment is £384 a month. We went to move from them as their interest is absolutly ridiculous and to settle a £65,000 mortgage was gonna cost us £70,756 by the time they'd added their fees.

If you want to remortgage or get a loan please do not use a company called GE Momey Home Lending/igroup.