Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #1

Cleo's picture at the framers as we speak

Well I have got conformation today from the framers that Cleo's picture will be ready Monday 12th June the day before Dad's birthday When I took it in to be framed (having never had a picture framed before) I was nervous and unsure I had asked Emma's advice and she suggested cream coloured mount, I went for an almost sort of Ecru colour - it does have a name but I can't remember I did not realise there were so many cream/light colours, the fame is green almost whitewashed no thats not the right wording of well its nice honest and the mount set off the yellow in the Daisy;'s and showed CLeo's coat of brilliantly not making the coat look orange or detract from the flowers. The frame shows the foliage brilliantly it took only minutes to decide once you see it you just know its right for your picture. I was on edge leaving the picture I said you will look after it he said yes. Oh and anti glare glass.

The framer said what a stunning picture at first he thought it was a print. He said he rarely see's work as good as that. I was so proud.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #2

Re: Cleo's picture at the framers as we speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Well I have got conformation today from the framers that Cleo's picture will be ready Monday 12th June the day before Dad's birthday When I took it in to be framed (having never had a picture framed before) I was nervous and unsure I had asked Emma's advice and she suggested cream coloured mount, I went for an almost sort of Ecru colour - it does have a name but I can't remember I did not realise there were so many cream/light colours, the fame is green almost whitewashed no thats not the right wording of well its nice honest and the mount set off the yellow in the Daisy;'s and showed CLeo's coat of brilliantly not making the coat look orange or detract from the flowers. The frame shows the foliage brilliantly it took only minutes to decide once you see it you just know its right for your picture. I was on edge leaving the picture I said you will look after it he said yes. Oh and anti glare glass.

The framer said what a stunning picture at first he thought it was a print. He said he rarely see's work as good as that. I was so proud.
I bet Emma is proud to read that as well Kazz!

The frame sounds lovely....really looking forward to seeing it mounted. Your Dad is going to be thrilled to bits......wish you could capture his expression when he opens it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #3

You will have to pass on my thanks to the framer Karen for his kind words Can't wait to see it framed. I think you do know when you see the mount and frame for the drawings, I know I did when I had one of my cross stitches framed, I just knew when they put the coloured mount up to the actual work.

Roll on Monday!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #4

I am sooooooo excited honestly I can;t tell you I was reluctant to leave the picture but I think I got across to the framer how important it was to me. He looked suitably terrified by the time I left

However did anyone know framers have waiting lists. His runs 3-4 weeks But he is good he showed me previous work. And was loads of help with choosing the beige colour for the mount. I was happy with one I had chosen then he showed me another slightly lighter - BINGO.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2006, 03:09 AM   #5

You know, I think we're all almost as excited as you about this!! Can hardly wait to see it framed...and the framer knows quality when he sees it, doesn't he!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #6

Cant wait to see the finished work!!! I bet you cant wait till Monday, and I am glad you found a good framer who was able to offer advice (as well as appreciate Emma's work!)!!