Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2005, 05:11 PM   #51

Re: My Drawings of Cats

Thanks Samwise and Az I am not sure about being famous though

Here is an update on the picture I am drawing, the cat has very unusual colouring being very black and grey so I have loads of darkening up of the fur to do, with this cat I have laid down all of the fur in correct direction and then I can darken it up where I need to

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #52

I love you to do one of my two, but I'll let the rush dye down first LOL

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #53

Hi Irena,

Yes of course I will draw your cats, just checked the pictures of the kittens ...they are totally gorgeous!! No I haven't done any persian cats yet, my next cat to draw is a Maine Coon, which I am really looking forward to drawing. I will have a go at drawing anything all of the cats inspire me

Irena please email me your pictures to EJG@Supanet.com, stating which pictures you prefer and if you want any changes done to the drawing, and I will have a go at a drawing for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #54

Emma - your pictures are stunning. I DID go to art school but would never be able to draw like that (ok, it was a little while ago now . . . but I still wouldn't be able to even get close)

The detail in the fur and the life in the eyes is seriously good. These cats could jump off the page!!

I would adore to have some pictures of my fluffy family; I suppose persians would present their own challenge as they are more difficult to draw. I will wait for the rush to die down also as I don't want to swamp you

Catsey Veteran

17-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #55

Hi Yola thanks for your kind comments. I am not sure that a persian cat is going to be more difficult to draw, just a bit different, I think it is going to be a case of laying down the colour of the fur and making sure the lighting/shadows are correct.

I also do pictures using pastels and these do lend themselves to long haired animals a bit better than coloured pencils.

Well I have a Maine Coon to do next so I will let you all know how the pencils go on the long fur

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #56

Here is a drawing of a cat I did for one of the other forums, they run an art contest and although I am quite busy drawing the other cats I thought I would enter into the contest, the eyes were done using coloured pencil and the rest is charcoal. I did this in about 1.5 hours, so it was very quick for me, most of my coloured pencil drawings take over 10 hours to complete.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
20-10-2005, 12:15 AM   #57

Great Pic
Did U Win?

Catsey Veteran

20-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #58

WOW! They are stunning - can you add me to your long list please??

Is there a waiting list Emma? How long do they take to do - I would really love one!

Thank you
Abbi

Catsey Veteran

20-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #59

Hi Abbi,

Yes of course I can add you to my list, please email me your pictures to EJG@Supanet.com and I will have a go at a drawing for you.

Depending upon the actual drawing sometimes they only take a couple of hours sometimes they take over 10 hours to complete.

Bobbie there is a closing date on the contest of the end of this week, not sure if I will win or not. It is only a bit of fun

Catsey Veteran

20-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #60

Emma, thank you! I will post you a few tonight that are my favourites and you can choose which one would be easier for you to do!