Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
31-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #1

Slimming club week 1

Please post here for the following week for those who are attempting to get slimmer in 2009.

I attempted to join SW today but the venue was shut so instead I weighed myself on the Wii fit and have started the plan.

My starting weight is 11st 10lbs and I aim to reach my target of 10 stone by June 1st 2009.

Good luck everyone x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #2

Re: Slimming club week 1

Would it be a good idea for you to all take key measurements i.e. hips, thighs, bust etc. sometimes the scales don't move but you can be losing inches.

Good luck!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #3

i was using a site called food focus. they helped u breakdown all u eat into calories ect. i lost almost a stone using that site. and i put on 2 lb over xmas. but im back to walking loads. and ill be monitoring my food intake again. lots of salads.
i want to lose the tum. and the butt, but i would like to keep the boobs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #4

Smudgley reporting in.
Weighing in at a starting weight of 12st 2lb. Yes lets make it big & underlined!
I want to loose a lot, but am setting no goals at this stage, surfice to say I'm only 5ft 3 & used to weigh 8 stone! (pre children)
I've had a practice run on the wii fit today & done 20 mins training, with jogging / step.

Catsey Senior

02-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Smudgley reporting in.
Weighing in at a starting weight of 12st 2lb. Yes lets make it big & underlined!
I want to loose a lot, but am setting no goals at this stage, surfice to say I'm only 5ft 3 & used to weigh 8 stone! (pre children)
I've had a practice run on the wii fit today & done 20 mins training, with jogging / step.
Snap. I too am 5ft 3 and used to weight something silly well before I had Millie. I will be happy to get down to 10 stone and a size 10/12 again.

I too did some work on the Wii fit. Those abs excercises are great. My tummy is sore this morning lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
03-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #6

OMG - didn't think I'd need to publicise the level of blubber I'm carrying

OK - starting at 13st 3lb. Height 5ft 4in. Target 10st 6lb. Aim for an average loss of 2lb per week. So hopefully I should lose a stone by end of March, June and September.

Will be starting on 5th.

Are we going to have a 'weekly weigh in'?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-01-2009, 01:00 AM   #7

Okay, I'll join in, but mind I'm doing this by myself, no slimming clubs etc lol. So don't expect miracles (especially since I can't really exercise).

Starting weight - no idea, will weigh myself tomorrow , but I do know I need to lose about 2 stone.
Height - 5'5 (and a bit, very important that bit )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #8

Yes we must have a weekly announcement of weight day.
My daughter (my fitness intructor) says my weigh day is Sundays. Shall we announce our weights each Sunday?

My 1st day has gone well. have done 6o mins fitness including a brisk walk and the rest was on the wii fit doing jogging & step aerobics and a few yoga excercises. My legs are aching already & it's just day 1.

I ate cereals for breakfast (nearly killed me, don't like eating breakfast)
crackers with cheese for lunch, no butter
roast chicken for tea with boiled pots and dry roast parsnips.
an apple and a satsuma

Today has been a good start. the trouble starts when I go back to work on Monday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
03-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #9

Sunday weigh in sounds good.

I've started instant porridge for breakfast - don't usually have anything. Made with skimmed milk. That seems to stop me geting the munchies around 11ish. (snacking and chocolate are my biggest problems)

Catsey Senior

03-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #10

My weigh day is Wednesday. I started this thread on a Wednesday which should allow for the following 7 days for people to put theirs weights and progress in depending on what day they started/weigh.

Does that sound ok?

I will start week 2 on Wednesday which will allow for weights for the following 7 days from that date if that makes sense.