Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
28-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #1

Slimmers Club 2009

I have decided to rejoin Slimming World on Wednesday morning. I have lost weight with them before and I want/need/must get back to my old slim self by the summer. I probably have approx 2 stone to lose and I shall start taking up running again, knees allowing.

So who is going to join me and perhaps record it in this thread how much we lose per week?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #2

Re: Slimmers Club 2009

I'd like to join in Natalie.

I am attending my first pulmonary rehab on 7th Jan and will see a dietician there, so I won't be joining Slimming World but need to lose probably the same amount as you and I think it would be nice to be able to "compare notes".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #3

I'll join in. I desperately need to loose weight & I keep banging on about it, but this year have had no determination. However having realised recently that I am bigger than I have ever been & even bigger than I was with both my pregnancies it's time to diet!

My daughter & I have organised a fitness programme, she's my personal trainer (she's 10) but is a great mentor as she is good at encouraging me & will come running with me.

We have put a programme together using this 8 week plan

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...ining_plan.htm

and using the wii fit. We have put in weigh days and written it all up in a diary starting 2nd Jan for 8 weeks.

I am really ready for this & will obviously be healthy eating as well as trying to get fit. I will follow my own diet based on a diet used at a local slimming club that I have used previously.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
28-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #4

Great stuff Ange and Kelly. I forgot I have my Wii fit too so will alternate that with my running.

Have you thought about your eating plan girls?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #5

Yes, Mine is a very low fat ( well no fat) diet. Have done well on it before (when I put my mind to it )

There's not much weighing of food involved with this diet, just sensible portions & limited daily amounts of certain foods.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #6

Best of luck to you all. Have another chocolate

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #7

I'd love to join you, but unfortunately I have no will power at the moment. I did really well at SW also, but stupidly stopped going when I reached my target. And now I can't afford to go anymore. Good luck to all those who are going for it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
I'd love to join you, but unfortunately I have no will power at the moment. I did really well at SW also, but stupidly stopped going when I reached my target. And now I can't afford to go anymore. Good luck to all those who are going for it
Can't you follow it without joining do you not still have the "info" from the previous times?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #9

Yeah I've still got the info, but if you're not going to the meetings and being weighed each week, you tend to slip into bad ways lol. That was my prob before. I got to my target weight of 9 stone, stopped going, then shovelled it all back on again, plus more.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
29-12-2008, 01:22 AM   #10

I desperately need to lose weight too. Have very little willpower though. I'm not going ot join a slimming club (again) but intend to start going back to the gym.