Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #1

reactive lenses

I am going for new glasses tomorow.

I get quite bad headaches in bright sun and always wear sunglasses when driving.

So -

Wondered if anyone has experience of these lenses that get darker in bright light. I was going to get prescription sunglasses as well as a 'normal' pair but thought this might be a good alternative. It would also mean I wouldn't have to carry the ordinary ones around as well.

Anyone got them?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #2

Re: reactive lenses

I've been thinking about that for some time, and as I have to go to the opticians tomorrow for a new pair of glasses (new prescription), I'll ask them. I don't know if it depends on your prescription or not. I need glasses for distance only, severe myopia.

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #3

My eyes have always been sensitive to bright light. I now need glasses for distance and reading so I have vaifocals.

Also have contact lenses (monovision - different one in each eye, one close, one distance)

I think a lot of the poor close up sight is due to the amount of cross stitch, reading, computer work, tapestry etc that I do.

Just thought it would be quite a lot to have new varifocals, prescription suns and a spare when maybe I could combine them.

Be interested what the optician thinks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #4

I have monovision lenses, best thing I ever did, switching to them from glasses.....

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I have monovision lenses, best thing I ever did, switching to them from glasses.....
Do you use dailly disposables?

I find them quite hard when on the pc or doing reading. Out and about they are fine and for driving.

Hard when in barn as dust and lenses ouch, but glasses apain as well, so I tend to go around with neither squinting at everything

Basically - I hate glasses.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #6

I had reactolite glasses a few years ago and was very pleased with them, they certainly take away the glare of the sun. My husband had his for driving and said they really cut down the glare on the road.

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #7

Think I'll try them. Probably have to wait quite a while for the sun to try them out though. LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Do you use dailly disposables?

I find them quite hard when on the pc or doing reading. Out and about they are fine and for driving.

Hard when in barn as dust and lenses ouch, but glasses apain as well, so I tend to go around with neither squinting at everything

Basically - I hate glasses.
I use Dalies, and have no trouble at all with them....Was lucky they suited me from day 1...
I hate glasses too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #9

I have varifocals and ultra fine lenses as if I had ordinary ones it would be like looking through those old fashioned sweet shoppe windows! Couldn't afford the ultra fine lenses and reactolite as well. Both my OH and MIL have reactolite. So much simpler than having to keep changing specs and very useful for driving.