Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #11

Re: Food Intolerance Test

Here's a link for you meep . . . http://www.wheatanddairyfree.com/

Worth noting, Mrs Crimble's gluten-free range of cakes are to die for. They're listed on that website but our Waitrose do them and they're superb - relatively low-fat too

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #12

Thanks so much for the link Yola i'll have a look through that now whilst having my lunch! And so glad to know there are yummy wheat-free cakes! Although if they have raising agent yeast, I may need to avoid in them, in my first 'cleansing' month at least.

Thanks again!

Almost a Veteran Member

07-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #13

I've just looked now, Yola, and a lot of Mrs. Crimble's cakes are also yeast free I may just have to order some

I really appreciate the advice and hints & tips, thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I've just looked now, Yola, and a lot of Mrs. Crimble's cakes are also yeast free I may just have to order some

I really appreciate the advice and hints & tips, thanks!
Go for it girl! Trust me, it's actually quite liberating discovering all these different foods - ones you'd expect are 'marginal and unappetising' and actually seriously tasty!

It's also nice to know that you can survive and thrive without being bound by food-mafia convention . . . . OK, I'll get off my soapbox now . .

Oh, and try quinoa (keenwah). Dr Gillian McKeith used to rave about it in her programmes; it's a kind of slightly crunchier cous cous, but with no wheat, gluten or yeast in sight.

Almost a Veteran Member

07-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #15

I'll order some up tomorrow Yola And it is exciting to know I'm not limited as much as I though. The fruit cake I got y'day really is as delicious as any other I've tasted. Lack of chocolate is going to hit me the hardest but I've given it up before, and those Mrs. Crimble Macaroons look like they could fill a hole quite easily

Also, I've started up my blog with an uber long first entry:

http://alifewithoutwheat.wordpress.com/

Just my ramblings! Should be useful for me to look back on in a month or two's time to see how my attitudes, and symptoms, have changed! Enjoy