Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #21

Re: Sleeping Problems..

We're not the only ones then. One in 5 has trouble sleeping, and January is particularly bad
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...562795,00.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
We're not the only ones then. One in 5 has trouble sleeping, and January is particularly bad
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...562795,00.html
and here's yet another similar article. What a pants month January is! http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/...991199,00.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
17-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #23

Sleeping improved, but has recently got worse once more. Just having to sleep in till later..but im finding it annoying as im running out of time to do things!!
New mattress still has NOT arrived so shall have to chase that up..

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #24

Interesting piece in that article DM about the birds........I'm usually still awake at 3 - 4.00am so can confirm that they are starting their chorus that early - bit worrying really as I always think it is nearly time to get up then

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
17-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #25

Luke, there are quite a few CDs of sleep inducing music available which might help you. But from you description of your sleeplessness you seem to have something niggling at your mind, and the more you worry about not sleeping the worse it becomes - believe me, I am one of the great number of insomniacs and know all about it. Over the years I've tried all sorts of remedies, even taking the dogs for walks when we had five acres of ground to walk in. The one thing I always do now if I cant sleep is get up and do something. Ironing, dusting etc., and always a warm drink.

Try 'games' - name all the breeds of dogs you know beginning with "A" and working through the alphabet, how many towns can you name, etc. it is to get your mind away from what is the niggle - and counting sheep is dead boring!!

You could always try a homeopathic remedy, it might work for you. Hope you get it sorted soon and have a good night. Logoes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #26

Luke you could try the herbal supplement called "Kalms" you can get them in Tescos.

They are not a sleeping pill but the blurb on the labels says "relieves periods of worry, irritability, stresses and strains" "Kalm tablets help promote natural sleep"

personally I think these tablets are amazing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #27

Those CDs with soothing nature sounds are very good: used one of Ocean Surf a few years back when I was having trouble sleeping, and it really did relax me enough to drop of...worth a try......

Global Moderator

17-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #28

The CD I have is of a man with a very soothing voice, almost hypnotic.... telling you how to breathe and what to imagine in your thoughts. The Ocean Surf one sounds good though, I might try that one......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
The CD I have is of a man with a very soothing voice, almost hypnotic.... telling you how to breathe and what to imagine in your thoughts. The Ocean Surf one sounds good though, I might try that one......
http://www.serenitysupply.com/browse...resounds_1.htm Mags, here's a link to the place I got mine; if they don't ship overseas I'd be glad to order it for you.....

Global Moderator

17-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
http://www.serenitysupply.com/browse...resounds_1.htm Mags, here's a link to the place I got mine; if they don't ship overseas I'd be glad to order it for you.....
Thanks for that link Eileen, I've just listened to the soothing sounds of the sea! I should be able to get a CD in the UK alright, but thanks for the offer anyway Eileen