Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #11

Re: Sleeping Problems..

I hope some of this advice works for you, Luke! I too find reading in bed relaxes me enough to drop off; also think the new larger bed will help...when is the mattress coming? Very pleased that you're not trying sleeping pills; those things are subtly addicting and disturb normal sleep patterns!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #12

I too Luke have disturbed sleep patterns, have had for 9yrs now since being on meds. I have not slept a night in all that time, honestly, an hour, sometimes 2 but then awake, and thats how its been for 9yrs.

The advice you have been given is good, there are also herbal remedies that can help and are totally safe, maybe a trip to the health shop may be in order.
Dawn.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #13

I wonder if Luke is sound asleep now ........... I do hope so....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
09-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I wonder if Luke is sound asleep now ........... I do hope so....
i hope so too.
It must be an awful thing, not being able to sleep. I never have a problem nodding off, but imagine it must be horrible for those who do.
Hope you are snoozing away now Luke.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #15

Some nights I just get one or two hours ....... wish I could drop off as soon as my head touched the pillow

Ooops, Luke is still on Dogsey! Get your head down Luke!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #16

I too have had tons of problems sleeeping. I was also told that sleeping pills couldn't be given which was good as I didn't really want them and bad as I was knackered all the time. I tried this special milk called night time milk which might help you a bit. You can get it from waitrose and I think I saw it in sainsburys too. If not what i do is just lie on my bed and try and relax even if I can't sllep then at least i am a bit refreshed.
Or read a really boring book until you feel tired

hope you get some sleep soon
Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
09-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #17

Well i DID get some sleep last night, i forgot to turn off laptop though so i think i was still logged on everything
I got four hours, with only on interval of waking up after about an hour or so...i know it isn't great but its better than of late!
Lavender oil, big hot bath, reading a book and having ONE of the furry ones in with me seemed to do the trick..

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #18

And which one of the furry ones would that have been,..? Glad you finally got some sleep & hope it breaks the pattern you've been in lately.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
09-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #19

It was one of the dogs, Florrie, she's quite happy just too sleep by you..the cats cause too much trouble when darkness falls and Ralph..well he still sleeps in his crate with the door open downstairs..

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #20

Part of it could be having booted the animals out: I've noticed that when Leia doesn't come to bed with me it takes a little longer to drop off..when you're used to an animal sleeping with you feels a bit odd when they're not there. Hope you sleep better again tonight; when is the new mattress coming?