Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #1

Neapolitan Sunday

Well here we are Sunday, Hello everyone.

Sports Sunday may have been more apt but we are still ice cream weather........
Our sporting events today are Cats Staff......race for life. Best of luck.

Wimbledon mens final is today as well.........weather looks to be perfect for watching not so sure about playing in it.

Eileen has her first of many happy days in her new home.

Mrs H Thinking of you tomorrow for you Op.

Not sure what my day will consist of but sure to be interesting.

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #2

Re: Neapolitan Sunday

Neapolitan- that's multicoloured right? sounds lovely for a sunny Sunday

Going to watch the tennis from the patio by turning the tv around, thereby able to eat , soak up sun and get entertained , can't fault it !

Thinking of Mrs H for tomorrow and our Eileen still sorting boxes. Catsstaff- good luck for your run!

Cold eats today, too hot to cook, crunchy salad and meats n cheese platters. Got some carrot and pumpkin seed bread too. Of course strawbs and creme friache for after. yum x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
03-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #3

Lovely and Sunny here, I have about 2 acres of grass still to cut and move to the compost heaps and keep 2 big doggies and a puppy entertained whilst driving a lawnmower

My 2 feral kittens thanks to the rain this week are bow little purrpots and in to everything and being everything naughty kittens are supposed to be they are called Sherbert and Kali

My newest guest is enjoying his new home and now has a bedroom and ensuite all to himself and is sunning himself on the bed

Lets hope the weather continues as it may be a third day on the grass front for me and the dogs

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #4

Yes Neapolitan is made up of blocks of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream..............thought is a good choice for Wimbledon Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
My newest guest is enjoying his new home and now has a bedroom and ensuite all to himself and is sunning himself on the bed

Who is your newest guest not Elaine's G done a runner I hope.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #6

Not overly fond of neapolitan ice-cream but nevermind, I can't eat it anyway Thanks for your good wishes for tomorrow, the op sounds very straightforward so I'm not much worried about it except for the GA, don't like not being in control

Doing some laundry today and a quick clean-up of the main parts of the house, clearing the decks a bit so I can do the lady of leisure for most of next week.

Will be watching the men's finals today, hoping Nadal wins!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #7

Hello all! It's been glorious here this morning too, so I went with OH and Monty for our walk to the forest - so very lovely in the sunshine and relatively dry underfoot. It's clouding over now though - has done so regularly for the last few days.

I have tomatoes coming in the greenhouse! Never thought any would set what with the low night temperatures and the general coolness of the climate, but yes, I have small green tomatoes!

I hope cats' staff's Run for Life goes well today and that it's not too hot where she's running. Also wishing MrsH well for her operation tomorrow.

Have a good day peeps - think I'll just go for the chocolate section of the Neopolitan!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #8

Hi all, thanks for the good wishes for the run. It was hot but not too humid and I am proud of my 26:40 time. I've posted a few, less than flattering photos, in the Race for Life thread.
I think I need ice cream! I enjoyed the run- it is a good atmosphere and goes through the grounds of Kings College past the chapel at one stage so is very pretty.

Mr H, all the best for tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys a nice relaxed Sunday - I'm off to potter gently in the garden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #9

Hi all! Good to be back on line; I missed you all during the move. Nasty t'storm woke me about 5 am, with my floor to ceiling window the lightning was quite scary, but the storm passed quickly. Sunny now, 26 C (79 F). Waiting for a grocery delivery. Still some boxes/bags to be unpacked, but am taking it rather easy today with crossword and Sunday paper. I'll post my new address for anyone who wants it, e-mail unchanged.

MrsH, will be thinking of you tomorrow; sending get-well-quick post-op vibes.
Enjoy the day, all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #10

MrsH, hope all goes well for your operation tomorrow, will be thinking of you ...