Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-08-2021, 06:09 AM   #1

Showery Sunday as well.

Good morning everyone. It's Sunday 4.30pm here and raining heavily. Has been wet all day but I'm nice and warm in the lounge with the heat pump at 22 degrees

Had a quiet weekend, as my cousin who usually comes round ,has the flu, as do her son and his partner with whom she lives.She has her first covid vaccine on 16th and is worried that she will still be too ill to have it. Here, they take your temperature beforehand and won't give you the vaccine if you are at all unwell.She's got a whole week to go though, so I'm sure she'll be fine. I've been watching a couple of episodes of Midsomer Murders today, instead of doing some housework, but so I feel guilty ? Not a bit !!!

My daughter, Brenna, is feeling a lot better after her dentist managed to remove another fragment of tooth from her gum on Friday, although she is still very bruised and can't open one eye. She is taking antibiotics and pain relief, so hopefully she'll come right quickly. She's managed to get next week off work as well so will be able to take it easy at home.

Still no luck with the cat groomer, but I'll try again tomorrow. The groomer works next door to a vet clinic, so I'll ring the clinic tomorrow and see if they can tell me anything. Don't know why I didn't do that earlier. I've been cutting a few matts off Dickens yesterday and trying to brush them all, but they run from me. I tend to lose my patience and get cross with them, and it doesn't do any of us any good, so I only hope I can book in at least one of them for next week.

Has anyone seen the TV series Wallander ? It's about a Swedish detective and is meant to be very dark and brooding. (just like me) .I'm thinking of buying the whole series but it's quite expensive. I'd love to hear what others think of it.

PAMELA,by now your event will be over. i do hope it went well for you. 22 snuffle mats in 7 days is good going.You must have worked so hard to get them all made.AND poor Barney. Fancy letting that little dog bite him on the nose !!! It must have been so sore for him. I do hope he's feeling a bit better now, Pamela, and the bite is healing.That's weird that you don't like horror movies, yet you like reading Stephen King books which are soooo scary. (but I agree, they are good).

SHELLEY,sounds as if you're having a good time. The great- aunt you are researching - is it the same lady that you were researching earlier or another great-aunt? You'll be looking forward to Howard joining you next week now that the central heating is all sorted.Thank goodness you were able to get your boiler fixed as well.I hope you had a nice meal out last night.I'm glad you are able to come back for your friend's funeral on the 19th. That will be a sad day for all of you, but also a day to celebrate her life and be thankful for the love and friendship you shared for so many years.

YOLA and KAZZ, hope all is well with you both and that you are enjoying your summer weather.

Well, I'm off to have some chicken and vege soup for tea with a hot bread roll..... and maybe some sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and whipped cream to follow.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-08-2021, 08:50 AM   #2

Re: Showery Sunday as well.

Morning Dinky,

I hope your cousin is feeling better soon and able to get her covid vaccine. Fingers crossed the vet can update you on the groomer.

I am glad the the dentist managed to get more fragments from Brenna gum, im sure she will feel much better once the antibiotics do their job.

Your dinner sounds lovely!

Shelley, how are you enjoying your holiday? Did you have thunder and lightening lastnight?

The show was terrible. Very quiet and a lot of other stall holders didnt turn up. Also very disorganised, Only sold 3 mats. I had to leave here at 630am to get there for about 8am so was a very ling day. Ended up leaving about 230pm.

Went to a friends house last night. A few ladies from the biker group chat group that i am part of. Was a fantastic wee night with not a drop of alcohol consumed as we were all driving except the hosts.

Not sure what todays plan is. Will see what it brings

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #3

Morning everyone and evening Dinky.
Rainy this morning but who knows what it will turn out like. Seems to be a micro climate here.
The meal was lovely, mac cheese, garlic bread, chips and then sticky toffee pud and custard, Chris had a burger and then hot choc fudge cake.
I havent watched Wallander but it sounds like my kind of thing.
Yes Dinky it's the same gt aunt, struggling to get info of her life before I knew her, we have a birth cert as well as death, she appears in the 1901 cencus but not in 1911,though her family do.
Pamela, how did the show go yesterday, sid you sell lots?
Hope Barney's nose is OK.
Dinky, hope your cousin and family are better soon and also Brenna, poor thing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #4

Ha, we posted together Pamela.
I'm so sorry the show was a wash out, it's a lot of effort and very disappointing when folks don't turn up.