Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-08-2021, 07:08 AM   #1

Wild and windy Thursday.

Good morning everyone. Thursday already. Gosh, the weeks are going by so quickly. It'll be Christmas again before we know it. What a scary thought. It's nearly tea time here, after a wet windy morning and a drier afternoon.

I had my first covid vaccine yesterday which was OK. Just got to have my second one now and I'll start to feel a lot safer. Surprisingly, there weren't many there and I got taken straight away. Evidently a lot of people aren't turning up for their vaccine appointments and not rescheduling them for a later date. I think many NZers have got a bit complacent because we haven't got any covid cases in the community anymore.But that can change in an instant. Anyway, I'm just grateful that I can finally get mine.

Still can't get hold of that groomer and there is no answer phone message which is strange . I have a feeling that she's sick, but I'll keep trying. Brenna, my eldest daughter had a wisdom tooth out on Monday and has been in a lot of pain ever since. It was impacted and the dentist had a hard job getting it out. He thinks there might be some fragments left in her gum. She's all bruised down one side of her face and has a black eye - strange but true. !!! She had to get another audiologist in to the clinic to see her clients as she can't go to work.Luckily her husband, Jared, left his job a month ago and so is there to see to the children. Brenna is going back to her dentist tomorrow morning and wants me to go with her to hold her hand ! I said I would.

PAMELA,fancy not liking horror movies. I love them, and also murder mysteries. Probably why I don't sleep so good at night ! I've just bought the DVD, Murder in Mind , on trademe but it hasn't arrived yet It's Series 2, so if I like it, I'll have to hunt around for the first series.I'm sorry you don't have a slow cooker anymore. They're so handy. You might be able to just buy the inner pot if you ask.I bet you're looking forward to starting your course this month. How exciting. Hope your dad is doing well .it must have been nice for both of you to spend some time together and I bet he was grateful for the help.

SHELLEY, I hope you are having a good time in Scotland and are feeling a wee bit better now. I hope that your friend's funeral goes smoothly and peacefully and is a fitting tribute to your beautiful friend. On a happier note, yes, I have seen The Lost Boys - we have the DVD - and it's a good movie. not too scary but just right. I'm looking forward to watching the episodes of Murder in Mind, when they arrive.It comes highly recommended. Nigel Havers is in one of the episodes - I like him.

Well everyone, have a great Thursday. Hope the good weather is continuing for you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-08-2021, 08:40 AM   #2

Re: Wild and windy Thursday.

Morning Dinky

So glad you have had your first jag and feel ok after it. I felt safer after my second one as well. Thats very strange that you cant get the groomer, i do hope you manage to contact her soon.
I hope Brenna is ok, nothing worth than a pain in your mouth, i hope the dentist can help her and remove any fragments. Thats good she has you to go with her.

I am sitting making new posters up for Furever Snuffling as i have my first event in 18months on Saturday so it is a vert early start for me! I have made 22 snuffle mats in the last 7 days for it so hopefully that should be plenty and i have bought a new gazebo to look a bit more professional and also keep me dry if it rains!!

Working today at 9am, not doing any overtime just now fir a few reasons.

I cant watch horror movies but i cant get enough of Stephen king novels!! Really strange as the images you get in your head reading a book as far worse than a movie could ever show!!

I am going to go and sort my washing as it looks nice outside at the moment to put it out

Shelley i hope you are having a lovely holiday and that the weather is the same for you as we are getting further north