Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #1

Scorchio Sunday

Another early start for me and yet more disappointment

Nice I can start the daily thread tho and its a beautiful sunny day. Trying to 'normalise' life again, so going out for lunch, then attending our local war memorial for a rededication of the name plaques that were replaced after a gang stole the original bronze plaques. I hope it will be well attended. How disrespectful some people can be, to have robbed a special structure for the scrap value of the bronze... especially in this time of conflict and loss of young life...

Still heavy hearted but as the Journey song goes, I won't stop believing...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #2

Re: Scorchio Sunday

Morning PP. I have a good feeling about Posh don't know why just a good feeling.

However a lovely lovely morning/day here too.....superb actually which justifies the way the family feels today. My Dad had his AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
operated on on Friday the delay time in the operation had been neccesary but kinda nerve racking....for all. Will update in health as do not want to take over daily.

Anyhow I feel good today.....off into the garden.....have a lovely day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #3

Morning all.

Just been sunbathing in the garden for a couple of hours and then we will have lunch then off out for OH nieces' holy communion.

Have a good day everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #4

What a lovely sunny day.
Sorry to hear Posh has not returned yet PP, hope lots of people turn up for the rededication.
Just done a bit of gardening and will spend the rest of the day lazing in the garden.
Back later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #5

Looks like we're all gardening today then! Yesterday we hacked back a few things that should have been done a bit earlier in the year but never mind, the buddleias will still flourish! Got some bits and bobs to plant out today, unfortunately little cocker boy will be "helping" which no doubt will enrage OH and then I'll have to give him a bath (Morgan the dog that is, OH can bath himself )

Still sending good vibes for Posh to come home, I know it's so worrying when they go off like this.

Enjoy the sun

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #6

Hi all - I've been to the garden centre and came home empty handed. It must be hard with weekend staff to keep all the plants looking at their best, and I'm afraid to say, they weren't.

Went to the farm shop and got veggies for an outdoor noodle stir-fry this evening. Bought a lovely big bit of watermelon for a treat. Going to drizzle some of yesterday's raspberry wine vinegar over mine and taste the effect! Getting a bit adventurous now the sun is out.

Have a lovely day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #7

Well I am home.....been out albeit only to Sainsbury's (stayed in car) and then into M&S to get a cotton sun dress but none left.... thought that would be ideal as unable to wear anything I own other than one pair 3/4 length track suit trousers with elastic waist at rear....soft at front.......so thought get a loose flowing sundress but nothing I liked.....so will keep an eye out, really nice being out n the World. Wound healing nicely......still tender due to scabbing etc but healing well.......really pleased with myself.
Slowly back into the World.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #8

I wish I could be out in the garden! Dank, gloomy and much cooler than normal: 18 C (64 F); heavy t'storm overnight that half woke me. About 3/4" rain, which we did need. Had a lie in as I shopped yesterday because of the forecast... just drizzle now.

Glad the healing is coming on well, Kazz; sun dress sounds like a good idea. Nette, still sending vibes...

Enjoy the sun and waemth, guys!!!