Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #11

Re: Summery Saturday

Not as nice as yesterday, more clouds than sun and only 21 C (70 F); showers on the way. To the library, stopped at the market also to pick up what I'd normally get tomorrow as rain is predicted for the morning. Just a lazy papers-and-crossword afternoon planned.

Kazz, get the lounger, they're so nice to to just sit in and take it easy which is what's on the agenda for you! Yola, so sorry about your worries with the cats Nette, still praying this will be the day... Angie, sounds like a fun day, what herbs did you get?

Enjoy the warmth, remember the awful Winter?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #12

PP the big day is 16th June although we fly to Italy on 12 th June (3 weeks to go!!!! ) lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #13

Eileen, I bought Clary Sage, Moroccan Mint, French Tarragon, Common Thyme, Bergamot and Oregano.

Still can't find Brundell Mint (ordered from a big company online, but they couldn't supply) or Porlock Thyme. Might just have to go to another garden centre tomorrow, just in case!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #14

Just to add, I popped to a wonderful garden centre http://www.englefieldgardencentre.co.../englefield/2/ and managed to find some elusive dill. Never been able to find it anywhere else!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #15

I've had a lovely day pottering in the garden, plants some pots and did a general tidy up. Also had my eyebrows and lashes tinted.

Kazz, glad to hear you are feeling good. Poshpuss sorry to hear that Posh that hasn't turned up yet - don't give up hope. Yola, sorry to hear Balie not so good. Hope everyone has enjoyed the sunshine today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #16

Still sending Posh some "come home" vibes. Fairly nice day.
Went to bed last night absolutely miserable with a severe migraine, greatly relieved I was able to get to sleep the pain was so great..luckily was able to sleep it off.
Hestia almost snuck out last night. Little brat, I have been cracking the windows and she used her paw to simply open it wider. I really need to get some screens for these windows so we can enjoy the breeze without missing a cat. I saw Kuan Yin open the same window that way once though she never did it again and hasn't happened with the others. Just the corner one leading out to the garden..must be weaker or easier to move than the others..am not opening that one anymore till it's resolved!
Slept in late until a very loud bird outside our window finally got us up. I've no idea what kind of bird it is, never seen it before. Chocolate brown and black. Very cute. Many neighbors doing yard work today, I almost wonder if a nest was disturbed or if it lost its mate. I looked outside simply to see if it was injured as the distress call was very persistent.
Long haired tortie seems to be taking shelter in our pond area. Seen her around the neighborhood sleeping on cars. She's a Hestia look alike except the long fur.
Going to do some laundry and housework. And have a fresh pile of books from the library to dig through...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #17

Oh that naughty Hestia! Too smart for her own good, wanting to go walkabout again! Could that have been a cowbird?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:c...ed/cowbird.jpg

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #18

Possible. I'm not very good at birdwatching but it did look similar only some more brown on the hind end. It's cry sounded like "Aaaack"