Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #1

nearly missed Monday

going on half past one and no daily, oh well, here goes

Been dashing about in the town, chemist to collect prescription meds and then the Post Office, queues a mile long Isn't it maddening you just can't buy a stamp for overseas posts now. Our office insists on weighing and putting those bland anonymous stckers stating weight & price,no colourful stamps.

Ceri gone for a walk with my dad along the river trail,its a lovely blue sky, fluffy cloud day with a brisk breeze. Going to get some laundry out for a good blow later.

Hope everyone is good. Laters x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #2

Re: nearly missed Monday

Hi PP - just popped on for a late lunch catch-up. We had a surprise visit from the Memory Nurse this morning - yes, you've guessed - we'd forgotten the appointment! She's such a nice woman and will be coming back next week to re-assess MIL. We are going to try very hard by lying and subterfuge to get MIL to go for day care. So her mental capacity needs to be re-assessed in order for us to make a decision on her behalf. I am sure that she needs some outside interest and stimulation, it would be so good for her. Fingers crossed!

A lovely day here - sun is very hot without the breeze. OH has gone off for a round of golf and I have a bit of transcription to do hopefully whilst keeping an ear open for MIL's wandering.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #3

Hello everyone, hope your MIL's assessment goes well next week angie. Sometimes people are unable to recognise what is good for them. As you say i'm sure some outside interest would do her good, she may be uncertain at first but would hopefuly enjoy herself. It would certainly be good for yourself and O/H.
PP hope you have got your laundry done, it's a lovely sunny day now.
Been to work this morning, then straight to Tesco for a big shop. Just having a breather before walking Malaika.
Tom was unintentialy fed raw today, i was unpacking Malaika's chicken wings and part of one fell on the floor, almost straight into Tom's mouth. It was a small piece but i was worried about the bones as he has missing teeth. Needless to say we couldn't get it off the growly creature and he ate with relish.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #4

Lovely again today, sun, some breeze and 30 C (86 F), going to be another hot one; the heat-haters are groaning already as we may hit 100 F Tuesday and Wednesday! That is a bit sultry even for me. No errands, lie-in and a few chores. Mama Cardinal is still sitting on her nest. The fireworks and ceremonies on TV were lovely last night, got a bit tearily patriotic,,,,,

Angie, I do so hope all will go well getting MIL to day care. Shelley, glad Tom enjoyed his unexpected treat. PP, sounds like a perfect laundry day.

Hope it's good for all the rest of the day..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

Been busy today but not sure what I have done.........anyone had a day like that.

Angie the day centre will be a Godsend I think for all parties involved.

Eileen glad you enjoyed your 4th.

P.P I adore good drying days...strange how you get excited over things that once bored you rigid when your Mom talked about them.....

Shelley hope you feel a bit better with regard to not taking Malika's sister on. And I think we forget animals were meant to eat raw.