Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #1

Thundery Thursday

It's dark and muggy here today, waiting for a cloudburst anytime now

Ceri up the day hospital so I've arranged a meet up with my mate and to get my nails done; acrylic tips. Tried them before but the job wasn't a good one and I didn't like them, hope its better today.

Have taken pics of my new car & garden pots before it starts to rain so will post them later. Have a good day. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #2

Re: Thundery Thursday

Hello PP, rainy here today as well. Had a terrible job getting Malaika to go out and have a wee, Basenjis just don't do rain
Picked up Tom's Felizamazole so we should be ok for a month or so.
Hope your nails work our ok this time, i've never had mine done as i'm sure i would break them or something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #3

Hi PP and Shelley. Hopefully OH and I are shortly on our way out for our R&R. The usual lass is on holiday, so we don't know who will be covering or if anyone will turn up at all! I'll let you know.

It's still sunny here. We are planning to go up on the Downs and look for Red Kites. Not much walking today as my feet are still sore, but not as sore as they have been.

Have a good day - keep dry and cool if possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #4

OH off to Weymouth for New Look meeting so he's taken a hire car. Sebi has gone to Beale Park (animal park on the Thames) with his school and I'm stuck in the office. Have a couple of awkward financial things to deal with during the day, but apart from that it's just more website, marketing and presentation stuff for the business.

Weather here is overcast, warm but not too hot. I had a dreadful night with Sebi, who woke up 3 times screaming due to nightmares so am a bit vague (well, more so than usual)

Edit to say; Nette - have you tried biosculpture gel nails? They are much better for your nails than acryllic tips and act as a permanent colour/french/clear letting your own nails grow underneath.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #5

Morning all.

Just arranged a night out with friends for Tuesday....and off to visit a friend in hospital this afternoon he broke his arm in an accident 15 weeks ago and now has a 2nd infection his consultant has said he will have to remove the pins/screws/plates out as this is the cause of the infection may end up with ecternal fixings or bone graft...............not good. He also only has 25% feeling in his hand which is his dominant right hand due to nerve damage etc.
Anyhow off shortly hope you all have a good day not rained her but def ovecast and looks like rain will follow.
Take care all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #6

Today's the day they were supposed to start the resurfacing of our road, except they started a day early and caused total chaos yesterday with folks trapped in their homes unable to get their cars out while a huge machine scraped off the top surface. Once that had passed it was ok to drive out but the surface was best suited to a 4x4!

Today, guessing they would be out with the tarmac and rollers, everyone was up and out very early moving cars to nearby streets. OH managed to get ours parked just round the corner as we need it to go to a friend's house this afternoon. We currently have an enormous tarmac spreader parked outside the house and the air is redolent with the smell of hot tar. Hope the job's a good one, it certainly needed doing with all that winter damage and piece-meal patching after utility works.

It's very muggy with the windows closed to keep out the smell, got all the fans running and the dog is lying on the slate hearth to cool down after his walk. Nice refreshing salad for lunch, I think I might allow myself a beer too! Cheers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #7

Hi people. Same weather as yesterday: sun, breezy and unseasonable, 20 C (68 F). Will start warming up by Saturday in time for the long Holiday weekend. Another no errand day, lie-in, had to put out a suet cake for the birds as I stupidly ran out of birdseed. :blush: Leia still thinks we have another mouse ......

That's a shame about your friend, Kazz. Angie, I hope you can get out Kite hunting!
I've never done anything with my nails like that. Nuisance about the road and tar smell, MrsH. Look forwaed to pics, PP.

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #8

Mrs H you took me back there, not too far but according to my Mom parking a baby/toddlers pram pushchair next to the road resurfaces ie tar men is a cure/help for breathing problems.....anyone heard of this? I know its old fashioned but hey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #9

Never heard that one, Kazz .........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #10

I expect Kazz, thats one of many old wives' remedy, like goosegrease and brown paper on congested chests!

Finding it difficult to type with these very long talons so not used to them yet. Yes Yola, they are acrylics but will find out about the gel ones. Always kept my nails short for work (for obvious reasons! ) but it's nice to see my hands looking relatively glamorous

Having dinner with friends at local Bowls club later and Ceri staying with his dawter & Tom for me, nice not to cook and wash up!