Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #11

Re: So very excited Sunday

Thanks for the tip about the paste Emma - that sounds better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #12

HELLO EVERYONE! waves:: and so sorry for my long absence but life's been a bit hectic again. No big traumas but little ups and downs as usual, my aunt has been very poorly, we have been doing lots of hospital visiting and sorting out the home.

Life of Posh has changed very little, she passed her last medical with flying colours. We had a bit of a territorial war last week with a black and white intact tom who took advantage of our open door and tried to muscle in on her food. Posh came running and crying to me to sort it out. The stranger sprayed around a bit-pooooh! what a stink and since then Posh refuses to use her tray in the utility room

Been catching up on your news, welcome Kwame, will love to see pics soon. Cloud is getting prettier every day.
Love to all human friends too

speak soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #13

I unfortunately had another attack today, really can't understand it, I ate low fat yesterday, no pud etc but it's always possible that I just ate too much. Must make sure I have much smaller portions until this all gets cleared up. I woke up before 2am and never managed to get back to sleep, it's only now that I'm finally starting to feel comfortable but at least no vomiting this time. I've been sipping ginger tea all day so maybe that's helped. I now have to check that I've got everything ready for work and have a really early night!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I unfortunately had another attack today, really can't understand it, I ate low fat yesterday, no pud etc but it's always possible that I just ate too much. Must make sure I have much smaller portions until this all gets cleared up. I woke up before 2am and never managed to get back to sleep, it's only now that I'm finally starting to feel comfortable but at least no vomiting this time. I've been sipping ginger tea all day so maybe that's helped. I now have to check that I've got everything ready for work and have a really early night!
MrsH, do you think it could have been the chilli that started your flare up last night?
When my OH suffered with gall stones years ago, he was told to keep off spicy foods ......... even now after having his gall bladder removed he is unable to eat anything too spicy. Just a thought...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #15

Angie i know what you mean about having a different relationship with a family member other than a parent. I had a special relationship with my nana and talked to her about things i would never talk about with my parents.
Eileen i hope the council member is a nice one
MrsH sorry you have had another flare up, it must be awful for you.
PP, glad to hear Posh passed her medical, not so nice about the smelly Tom cat though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #16

Oh dear, sorry about the flare-up, MrsH; hope you get a sound sleep tonight,

PP, nice to see you back, not nice about the tom!

Shelley, our Kwame doesn't represent my ward, don't know very much about him except that he's not involved in the latest nepotism/cronyism and flagrant waste scandal!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
thats horrible mrsh
i used to suffer some attacks even when i had ate properly also, but it always woke me up in the middle of the night.
do you have sickness a lot with it? you could ask your gp to prescribe buccastem, its a tablet that dissolves between your lip and gum to help the sickness. i had one really bad bour of sickness with it, i was sick every hour from midnight to like 4 pm next day, not nice but other times when i fetl nauseous i would use a buccastem.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #18

Thank you all very much for your kind thoughts.

Mags - it's quite likely it was the chilli, I just didn't thnk I was just so focussed on eating low fat! Feeling much better now, I'd planned an early night but had a nice nap on the sofa instead and had a bit to eat, some toast, a banana and a little low fat yoghurt (I know, I can certainly live the high life! )

Lynz85 - thanks for the suggestion, I'll be seeing the doc soon so I'll ask him about buccastem, sounds as though it's something I could do with. Thanks again.