Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #1

So very excited Sunday

Hi everyone, just a quick check in before we go to pick up Kwame. Malaika is lying on the settee staring into his crate.
Tom and Jerry are oblivious, poor chaps, will have to make sure they have access to our bedroom to chill out. They decided to have a battle in the middle of the night, there was fur all over this morning.
Kazz, hope you got back to sleep.
Yola, hope the boys riding lessons go well and you get some work done on your allotment, it's a beautiful day here.
Will of course be back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #2

Re: So very excited Sunday

how exciting shelley!!! cant wait to hear how he settles in!!

it was my nephews 2nd birthday yesterday, so he's having a party at a softplay today! will be leaving for that shortly, should be fun and hopefully there wont be any screaming children there!! birthday cake, yum!! will come back on for a catch up later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Afternoon shelley, exciting news about picking up kwame..

Cleaned the car this morning, it is still very cold out there, going to have a nice relaxing bath and then pamper myself a bit.

I hope everybody is well.

Xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

Hi all

v cold here today - but dry.

Looking forward to seeing pics of Kwame.

Enjoy the B Cake lynz, and happy pampering Emma

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Hope all goes well with the introductions Shelley - am sure we'll all be waiting to hear how it goes!

Hope your nephew has a good party Linz, and that you enjoyed your papmper time Emma - sounds lovely.

Quiet afternoon planned here - I get to stay in until time to leave for work tomorrow now... Yay!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #6

Afternoon all - it's glorious here today and dare I say it, warm? I am planning things for Tuesday onwards ..... seed and potting compost, trip to an art gallery and probably a lot of hugging my OH. He is already feeling very bad about tomorrow. All I can say is that it's for the best for everyone.

I have been thinking about MrsH's phrase in yesterday's daily about me losing my uncle "figurehead of our childhood" and thinking just how appropriate that phrase was for my uncle. You know that sometimes it's easier to relate to a family member who isn't a parent .... my uncle was like that, both he and my aunt were always kind to me and accepting of things that my parents weren't. It's just very sad that because of the situation here over the last five years, I last saw my uncle at my aunt's funeral. Bless you all - my mum, dad, aunt and uncle now all gone. Sorry Catseyers, just had to get that out.

Look forward to the photos of your new arrival Shelley, hope Tom and Jerry aren't too phased. I expect Malaika will be excited!

Our little village is to have a Royal Wedding tea party on the day ..... I am not a royalist, but really any excuse for a party and a village get-together will be good. The theme is, not surprisingly red, white and blue and I'm wondering how to make blue fairy cakes ........ any ideas would be gratefully received!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #7

Morning all or afternoon.

Angie I hope all goes well with the transfer of your MIL. Obviously I assume you are still going to be able to take her out and the time spent will then revert back to that of son and mother rather than carer and cared for.
The Royal wedding party sounds lovely think Emma is the woman for fairy cake information. But I would think normal fairy cakes and blue icing. Maybe look for the Union Jack or similar cases for the cakes.Sure to be something out and about for the wedding.

Shelley hope you have a good trip and the arrival of Kwame is not to much of an upheaval to the household.
Lynz 2nd birthday parties are fantastic.....glad you enjoyed it, enjoy the cake.
Emma sounds like a perfect Sunday.

Anyhow here I am still in twilight world. Work this evening.Need to get a life I think sleep and work are not a good way to live.
Oh yes going to Crufts Friday and may be meeting someone there...........guess who?

Mrs H I know you have not been on yet but hope you have not got the dreaded cold and feel good today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #8

*hugs* Of course we just need to get things out sometimes.

Blue cakes? Food colouring? Or doing a mix including blueberries?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #9

Angie I would recommend a blue food paste rather than a blue food coloring liquid, the paste you get more intense colours without the horrible taste. Also you don't need much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #10

Hi all! Very mild 13 C (54 F) and raining lightly now; supposed to rain till about midnight and be heavier as the day goes on. Definitely an indoor papewrs/crossword sort of day. Grocery delivery coming.

Hope Kwame settles in well and T & J aren't too stressed, Shelley. Kwame is a very popular name in the African-American community here; one of the DC Council members is a Kwame; I keep thinking of him every time I read about the pup! . Angie, it's an odd feeling when all the adults from our childhood are gone and we're in the first line ... Kazz, meeting who at Crufts Friday? Emma, pampering sounds lovely. Enjoy the party, lynz, and your quiet time. Squirrel. CM, hope it warms up soon in your area! Am I really weird: somehow blue cakes just don't do it for me.......

Enjoy the day!