Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #11

Re: St. David's Day Thread

Afternoon, all!
Last night K took me to some used book stores and bought me two books about kitties. I think I will go there in the future as they seem to have more of the older books I tend to like that aren't available on the shelf at any new book stores around here. Then we had a lovely Mexican dinner. I still have leftovers for lunch today..yum!!
My aunt says my mom went thru surgery just fine and all is well so that's good!
K's mom emailed me they have plans on his birthday and if we could celebrate another day..wonder why she bothered asking me what we'd like to do that day then if she was just going to make plans? Weird. I don't get people.
K says the neighbor's cat (well not really her cat but one of the outdoor strays she feeds) looks very pregnant. She shelters underneath their house and can hardly fit in the space there now. I wonder why that is especially since our neighbor is a vet tech?? Woudn't she just pop her off to work to get spayed if she was going to the trouble of feeding them? Again, weird.
Not sure what I'll do today. Probably just the usual.
Hope everyone is having/had a good one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #12

Good news finding the bookstore; love places like that! I agree, odd about K's parents, also about the cat next door ... poor girl, no weather to be having kittens in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #13

Exactly my thought. It worries me, especially as we've had ice on the ground and wet snow lately..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #14

Lulu is one of the neglected cats from next door. Howard finaly got the neighbours permission for us to rehome her.
She has gone to live with an elderly lady who lost her last cat two years ago, aged 23, so Lulu at 11 is a mere youngster.
She lives in a cul de sac in a big house with a garden. When we arrived she had put food out ready and was anxious to find out if Lulu drank milk or water. We replied that she drank from puddles, apart from the times she came into our house.
She has gone from being an unwanted nuisance to hopefuly a cherished and pampered only pet.
Prayers, fingers crossed, good vibes gratefuly recieved for a succesful placement.
She is going to keep her in for a couple of weeks and then she will have access to the garden. She already has a job lined up as the lady has seen a mouse several times.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #15

You've got it Shelley!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #16

Awww, Shelley. that brought tears to my eyes! Definitely good settlement vibes coming, but that must be like a dream come true for Lulu ...

Bless you for arranging this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #17

That's really good news Shelley - well done for your persistence with Lulu's former "owner" and oodles of "be happy" vibes for Lulu and her new friend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #18

Thank you for all the good wishes about Lulu, we are so hoping things work out for her.
She will be such good company for the elderly lady, it should work well both ways.