Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #1

St. David's Day Thread

Happy St. David's Day to our Welsh friends!

It's really cold here today and OH has gone off to play golf and I am minding MIL. With luck, this will be the last Tuesday when I will be doing this and have planned a special trip out on my own to a great art gallery in Chichester for next Tuesday when they have their half price entry!

I have some transcription to be getting on with today, but will pop back later. Have a good day everyone and if there is a chance of sticking your nose down a daffodil trumpet, then do it!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: St. David's Day Thread

Hi Angie! We've got the daffodils coming up quite well here but they're not ready for sticking my nose in yet! Been a bit poorly lately, a recurrence of the gall bladder problem I think I've been very good sticking to a low fat diet and no alcohol since Christmas (lost about 8 kilos in the process ) but the other day I ate a couple of huge chocolate cookies and later on rather thoughtlessly made myself a cheese sandwich and I think that's what caused the problem. I got sent home from work yesterday afternoon because I was so ill-looking (I was in quite a bit of pain so I didn't argue!) Dr is arranging a scan for me so he can find out exactly what's going on, meantime it's back to the vegetable soup for me!

It's jolly cold here today, think I'll just snuggle up on the sofa with the dog and watch a film while OH is at his art group. Hope everyone is having a good day (OH thought it was Shrove Tuesday today, didn't believe me when I told him he was wrong, he very nearly insisted on pancakes a bit early )

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #3

Hi MrsH - I am sorry you're feeling poorly, it sounds horrid. Hope the scan finds something that can be properly helped. Vegetable soup is nice, especially on a cold day like today, but it must be miserable to have to constantly watch what you eat. Hope you enjoy the sofa, the film and the dog!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #4

Hello Angie, MrsH and all to follow.
Beautiful sunny day here today.
Good for you angie making plans for next week, hope everything goes well for you all.
Sorry to hear about your gall bladder problem MrsH, hope it can be sorted soon.
My weekend away went well, i went with four doll collecting friends and we had a great time. We started out early saturday morning and stayed in a Premier inn, we all had a meal and drinks in the evening, then a doll and doll house fair on sunday, Bliss
Taking Lulu to her new home tonight, will tell you all about it later, i know it's for the best but am a little anxious about it too, bit of a sleepless night.
Off to do the quiz questions now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #5

Hi all! Happy St. David's Day to our Welsh friends. March coming in more lamb-like than leonine: sun, no wind, but only 2 C (35 F), as compared to yesterday's unseasonable but delightful 19 C (65 F)!! No news, still staying in with the shortness of breath.

Daffodil trumpets? I wish .... !! Angie, hope next Tuesday will be such a nice welcome reward after all the MIL sitting for so long; you deserve it....!! MrsH, so sorry you're poorly; do take care. Shelley, sounds like a pleasant weekend. Don't make the Qs too hard!

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #6

Hi Shelley ...... have I missed something ..... who's Lulu???

Hi Eileen .... I am being a bit previous with the daffodil trumpets, but I do have the little "Tete a tete" daffs flowering in my garden at the moment. Perhaps my nose is too large for their trumpets!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #7

afternoon all!
mrs h, hope they get you sorted soon, i've had my gallbladder removed because of gallstones, so i know the horrible pain all too well! i feel 100% better now its out, i use to wake in the middle of the night in pain

a bit of a dull day here, still a bit chilly. my first official day off work (not counting the weekend) and have sat around catching up on things recorded on sky+, still in my pj's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #8

Hello all

Just a brief visit I am as I said on nights so thought I would try and catch up today. Nothing much happening here as I never really get into a routine for short "week" of nights.
Hope all is good with all of you Mrs H sorry you are feeling a bit out of sorts, hope it gets sorted soon.
Angie when does you MIL move?

Have I missed something who is Lulu????????????

Eileen hope the shortness of breath sorts itself out, my Dad has shortness of breath but he finds as long as he takes his time he can walk as far as he ever could just not as quickly.

I have a few daffs raising their heads and hopefully a flower or two shortly have quite a few crocus in flower.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #9

Hi all...

Sorry to hear about you not feeling so well MrsH.

Late return from 'work' today. Reason for the quote marks is that work finished at normal time, but I met up for a friend for a coffee date, and by the time I got back to the car it was already 5!!! Still, it was good catching up, and I think we may well plan on meeting up a bit more regularly (More often than not we end up only meeting up at camps, and it's only 5 minutes in the passing that we manage to talk to each other for.)

Cloud is making it well known that my disappearing off for large portions of the day is not really appreciated! Guess that with my being away for the weekend, then her being operated on and my being in pretty well full time for 3-4 days, she's decided what she prefers!!!

Need to think about evening meal soon.

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #10

Next Monday, Kazz ........ got to sort out all her clothing and mark it all up with her room number - a bit like sending a child off to boarding school I imagine ......