Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #1

Wet Monday Here

Morning all .... just a quick waving hand in the air from me just now. Have my best "old friend" popping in later, so need to get my skates on a do a bit of cleaning!!!! My mum used to say that a house should always be clean and tidy enough for unexpected guests!!! Rod and back spring to mind there.

Will check in again later ... have a good day everyone and keep warm and dry if at all possible. Cuddles to all Catsey cats from me this morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #2

Re: Wet Monday Here

morning angie and everyone else to follow. Im just having a look at jobs before getting organised for work. Starting at 2pm today till 830pm.

Hope you all have a great day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
28-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #3

Hello all.

Sorry to hear about the wet weather Angie - hope you have a good time with your friend.

Good luck with the job hunt Pamela, hope work goes well also.

Sunny day here - and surprisingly mild out, once the morning frost melted away. Cloud is now back from her vet nurse trip - all well and happy. No problems, go away and let little one settle back home and relax! Excellent! Not that I thought there was anything wrong, so that's also fine. I ran a few things which had been making me wonder by her, and she told me there was nothing to worry about - if there was an issue it would be obvious in that little one wasn't well, and she's obviously in bounding health, if a little stressed by being at the vets! She was shaking in her carrier poor love - so much so that I opened the door a little in the waiting room so that I could stroke her. And she stayed in her carry case for examination. Poor love - not really like her in the past, I guess the whole being separated from Mum to be operated on has knocked her confidence a little. Still, she's fine for all that!!!

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #4

Poor wee Cloud - good news that all is well though. It really doesn't take much to knock their little world sideways. Pip has shown me that recently.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #5

Hi people! Unseasonably mild here, 19 C (65 F) and it isn't even 11 am yet! Our weather at this time of the season is very changeable: 3 C 2 days ago, now this. T'storms and high winds for the afternoon (the ever-present fear of power outage! )No news other than the weather, all quiet and peaceful.

Angie, my mom used to say the exact thing about company and clean houses!! Pamela, hope the job hunt improves soon for you. Squirrel, that's a touching story about little Cloud being so stressed at the vets; please give her a little cuddle from me.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #6

Morning, all.
Angie, I hope you have a blast with your friend.
Oh dear Cloud..reminds me of Kuan Yin at that age after the op..her confidence took a blow as well. Glad she's fine though!
Eileen, on the radio the other day they played audio of the wind in DC and it was positively howling and I of course thought of you!
Kuan Yin's been following me around and a bit clingy to me. Think she's grateful not been to the vet in two days I'll enjoy it because other times she can be independent.
She was lying under the covers with me last night and Sol jumped into what he thought was my lap until it started growling and meowing and thrashing about. He looked so confused, I shooed him off as he was standing right on top of Mau and she was NOT happy. Poor thing looked a bit hurt like he couldn't realize why I wasn't welcoming him and sulked at my feet. This morning he was all cuddles so I guess he's over it though
No plans for today except housework and drop some books off at library.
Dreamt about a little black kitten last night.

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #7

Tink, the high wind howling is really quite scary! Glad you heard it, I'm not exaggerating. Poor Solly and Mau ... jumper and jumped-upon; hard not to laugh. The cold front is coming thru: dropped from 19 C (65 F) to 14 C (56 F) and will be downright cold by tonight ... suspect March will come in like a lion here ....

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #8

Has your met office offered any explanations for the huge temperature fluctuations you've had recently, or have they put it all down to climate change?

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #9

Not really, Angie. Washington is in an odd spot between the normally colder North and the milder South, it's always very changeable volatile weather here. The whole Summer was above normal, December and January way below and February statistically normal. They have hedged about climate change, really haven't said too much one way or the other. Also, climate change is a bit political here: Democrats tend to be green and believers who want to cut CO2 emissions, etc; Republicans are more likely to poo-poo the whole theory. So smart meterologists generally just stick to predictions, not theorizing .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #10

Well, I guess Kuan Yin is feeling good as she is up to stealing things off the counters and is chasing Sol around right now!
My mom is getting surgery on her other knee today, she'll prob be in hospital for two days if all goes as planned. Her doc told her it wouldn't nearly be as bad as the last one..hope so!
Just think Eileen..it'll be flea season soon