Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #1

Rather Soggy Saturday

Started off gloomy, then had lovely blue sky for a while, then clouded over and we've had occasional bursts of quite heavy rain and just had a bit of a hail fall. Sky looking threatening now.

Not much going on. OH and MIL watching rugby, I'm here in the study and also in the laundry room as needed. Done some vacuuming and OH cleaned the cat tree - as it was covered with fur!

I did pop on yesterday, but didn't post in the daily. I had a nice jolly lunch out with some ex-work colleagues who are now friends. We met up at a pub and had lunch and a good long natter.

Hope all folks and felines are well today. Have a good w/end everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: Rather Soggy Saturday

Glad you had a good day yesterday Angie. Lunch sounds lovely!

Bit mixed weather wise here too - was nice, then over cast, think we're loosing a band of white cloud, to firstly a band of clear blue skies, and secondly a great big grey cloud. There was a stunning rainbow outside for a few minutes though - gorgeous.

All seems to be going well here. Cloud spending much of the day sleeping off her rather frightening start to the day I think! Well, that, and recovery-sleep too I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #3

Morning, everyone!
Well, I was so relieved after Kuan Yin's bloodwork came back that I think I truly relaxed enough to have a nice good, long sleep. I went to bed at 7pm and didn't wake until 5am!! I guess I was stressed about it and needed it. Kuan Yin watched me lock up her carrier in the closet and seems to telepathically know we're not planning on taking her anywhere anytime soon and is happily lounging in front of the fire.
It's cold still. 24F now but that's much better than 12F it was last night. The sun should be rising soon (it's not even 7am here yet) but they say by afternoon clouds will come and we'll probably get an inch of snow tonight and then probably another inch tomorrow. The winds have calmed down very much which helps.
There was a big house fire not too far from us yesterday and they had the road blocked. It was in between our town and the next town over and they were having a very hard time containing it with the wind. Fire crews were at it for most of the day. Poor family, it's a total loss. The house is still standing, but the water damage from getting the fire out is far too bad to move back in again. Makes you think.
I got an email from K's friend asking about stopping by today to hang out (the one with the marital problems). I told him I'd get back to him once K is up and I know what the plan is for the day. Actually I think we were just planning to relax. I don't really feel like company but then again they could have a nice visit while staying out of my hair....
Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #4

Hi all! Weather calmed down from yesterday's awful high winds: gust of 57 mph here in the City; lots of wind damage and bad fires. Just overcast and chilly now, 3 C (38 F); not expected to get much warmer than 8 C ... Winter is hanging tough.

Glad you had a nice lunch yesterday, Angie, wondered where you were. Tink, you needed that restorative sleep after all the stress. Off to read about Cloud, Squirrel; this was the first thread I opened. Am thinking comfort food tinight: spagheti and meat balls.

Have a good day. all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #5

hi everyone. just in from work, long day!!

Glad lunch was good yesterday angie, tink, you must have needed the sleep! Im on an early night tonight, been really tired the last few days. Squirrel, sounds like cloud is having a nice day snoozing

weather here has been not too bad, rain this morn but sunny when i finished work. Got my car back after my dad took it this morn to fix a headlight that was out. The car came back with 2 new front tyres and a full tank of fuel (my dad is great )

Hope you all have a nice night x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
26-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #6

Are your Kittehs behaving Pamela?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
26-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #7

evening all! working today, but im now off for a week, WOO HOO! and its pay day!! it wont be in the bank for long tho!!
treating ourselves with a takeaway tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #8

Enjoy the week off, lynz! Chinese, Indian, pizza?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
26-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #9

ordered a pizza from the indians, chicken tikka korma, sounds horrible but its lovely

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #10

Evening all I have been to work today, had spag bol for dinner and now chilling. Work tomorrow night I am on nights till Wed.......got some changes to do prior to Spring. See you all when I can.

Opps meant to say Angie Sal and I met a lovely Schnauzer....called Merlin? a hint or a big push????