Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #1

Wet Wednesday

Well, here it is... D-Day for my little girl Cloud. And I'm up and dressed and just about to do the last few things I need to before I can put her in the cat carrier and head out.

Didn't sleep particularly well - but that was me, not Cloud, who slept on and cuddled up to Mum all night - or as much as she was let.

I've now heard a few questioning calls about food, but mostly post 7:30am. Up until that point I think I got 2 requests all night - first when I picked up the bowls, and second at about 7:15 or so when I eventually decided to get up properly. Rest of the time she became very cuddly. Not sure if that's her picking up on stress from me - which there has to be some, or I'd have got to sleep ok last night - or if it's more to do with the food bowls. I may well try taking away food at night again if it's going to make her more cuddly!

Best go get on - will check in again post 4pm, when I ought to be home, probably with her... in between times I'll be at work...

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #2

Re: Wet Wednesday

good morning squirrel and all those to follow

Sorry to hear you didnt sleep great squirrel, i also had harris meowing at 330am thins mor then anothe rfew times throughout the night!! As soon as i shouted on him though and he lay beside me, he settle down.

Today is the day i pick up Skye, just getting ready to go and fill in the paperwork then go pick her up. I have laid her bowls and mat down so Harris can see it and so it is ready for her coming. Not sure if i will be at the quiz tonight. It depends on how Harris and Skye settle together.

Will check in later if poss.

Have a great day

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #3

well, the introducing didnt quite go as i expected!!! Harris is quite nosey towards Skye, he jumps back though when she brushes against him but hasnt shown any aggression so far. She has been in for just under an hour and is already exploring enough to allow us to cook breakfast whilst they are wandering about. Stilll listening though for any noise. She has also been grooming herself which is a good sign All seems quiet so far so hopefully everythig should go well!!! Will be on later to update

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #4

Well the girls and I are in sunny (ha ha ha) cumbernauld!! As its half term we thought we'd pop up for a few days. No real plans apart from Friday when we're off to kilwinning for my nieces 18th.

Hope all goes well with both kitties today squirrel and pamela, and that all have a good day x

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #5

where abouts in cumbernauld are you? Thats where i stay!!

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #6

We're in north carbrain thats where my in laws stay. Just about to head up the TC.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #7

Good afternoon all! Im being fancy and using my new phone! Lunchtime at work, busy busy!
Hope all goes well for cloud today squirrel!
Glad skye is making herself at home pamela!
Oh youl have great fun in kilwinkie alex lol!
Will check in later, hope every one still to follow are having a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #8

Afternoon everyone! Tipping down with rain here.

Hope all goes well with Cloud, Squirrel. Pamela, it sounds like your introductions are going rather smoothly - hope I've not hexed it by saying that. Alex, enjoy your half term - why isn't the weather playing ball ... sure all the kids deserve some nice weather, as we all do.

I have some more transcription this afternoon which hopefully won't take too long.

Don't forget the Catsey Quiz this evening folks .. 8.15 or thereabouts. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Sorry Lynz - it's like a different world to me hearing about using your phone to connect up!

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
We're in north carbrain thats where my in laws stay. Just about to head up the TC.
Cool, we are in Abronhill. I would have suggested perhaps a coffee but im tied up with Harris and Skye for today!! I do however finish work at 230pm tomoro

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Cool, we are in Abronhill. I would have suggested perhaps a coffee but im tied up with Harris and Skye for today!! I do however finish work at 230pm tomoro
I'll have to check if my MIL needs to go anywhere first, but it sounds good. Will let u know asap