Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #1

Chilly Monday

Afternoon everyone.
Just back from a Tesco shop, that should more or less do for another month. It's lovely when there is plenty of food in the house.
Had a look on the redeployment list, waste of time, had a look at other job sites and there is definately far less jobs available.
Just going to make something to eat.
Off out tonight for a pizza with the girls i used to work with in 1979.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: Chilly Monday

Hi Shelley, those to come.

Yes, it is a bit of a difficult time to find a job right now. Hope that you have a good evening out though.

All quiet here. Day off to regain energy levels after camp. So not much doing. I Have got to prepare for guides this evening - Thinking Day tomorrow, so...

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #3

Dull and damp start to the week.

Ah! Thinking Day tomorrow, it's many many years since I was in Guides, helped run a group as well and had a little guard of honour when Mr H and I got married. When I was a guide we were allowed to wear our guide uniform instead of school uniform for the day, I wonder if they still do that or in today's more cynical and negative society would they get too much ribbing? It's nearly 3 years since I retired from teaching but I can't remember anyone wearing their guide uniform at school for years before then.

Having a quick lunch then it's off for my manicure, I'm so pleased with how they've managed to make my dreadful nails look so good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #4

Hey! Good hearing about the manicure.

As to wearing uniform tomorrow... well, we've told ours that those who are in primary school should be fine to wear uniform, but those in secondary have been told they'd be better off just wearing their promise badge...

The uniforms have changed several times recently, so they don't look nearly as military in style as they did when I was a guide, looking far more like a tracksuit - so as they become (possibly!) more socially acceptible, they become less suitable to be worn in class...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
21-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

Elaine is coming to look after the Clan today and tomorrow and we are having Lasagne, garlic bread and banoffee cheesecake and wine

The Clan have got her pressies to say thankyou as not many folks even if it is their business would come and look after all 54 of them!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #6

Hi, people. Overcast and chilly here, 4 (39 F). rain this afternoon turning to sleet and snow overnight. Not a pleasant forecast, but no real accumulation expected. Not a worry for me as I'm not going out with the breathing problems; having everything delivered, and am well stocked.

Shelley, sorry the job situation looks so bleak.. Squirrel. MrsH, that was interesting about the Guides and uniforms. Liz, enjoy the meal, say hi to Elaine for me!

Think Spring~!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #7

Hello all! OH has made the definite decision - we went to the care home this morning and his mum's room is reserved for her. We are aiming at March 1st .......

I have definitely been thinking Spring and have been to the garden centre this afternoon and bought packets of seeds! It's a nasty dark, gloomy, cold day here and mizzly rain, so looking at a bright packet of dahlia seeds is very cheering. I was looking at corms and remembered how easy they are to grow from seed - last time, from seed to flowers in one season. Must remember to look after the corms better though because I lost them, all but one which self-sowed itself elsewhere. Bishop's Children ......... cheerful flowers with dark foliage. Not a big fan of the "blousey" ones.

I have some transcription work to do this week - if I can remember how to type. Haven't had any work since just after New Year. Work is scarce all round I think.

Good luck to Elaine with the 54 - hope they don't all need their names remembering .........

I presume that Thinking Day is a Guiding thing - I only got as far as the Brownies. I think it would be a good idea if everyone had a Thinking Day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #8

hey everyone, had an interview today, didnt get the job but theres always the next 1!!!

Angie, you will be relieved that you have got a room reserved for your MIL that will take alot of stress away from you and your OH.

Liz, enjoy your lasange

Shelley, enjoy your night out

I meant to say, i have been given the ok to get my new cat U pick her up hopefully on wenesday, i was away spending time with her today at the foster carers house so i took some pics of her that iam going to post in the pics section

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #9

Just having five minutes before i go out. Scrubbed up and put dress on
Pamela i'm sorry you didn't get the job but great news about your kitten, what a good idea to spend some time with her before she comes to live with you.
Angie that's good news about your MIL.
I only got as far as Brownies too, Angie. I realy enjoyed it and don't know why i didn't go into Guides now, think i've left it a little too late now though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #10

Morning, all.
I fell asleep with the ferrets in their room last night and the second playgroup out in the bedroom so they got to party all night but poor K is snoozing on the couch, oops
Vet recheck for Kuan Yin today. Nothing else planned except housework.