Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #11

Re: Paloma's problems

Scilla, I don't really know what to suggest! I only had 1 cat that sprayed and the problem went away eventually when I caught him and had him snipped.

Paloma has been neutered hasn't she? Obvious question I know . . . other than than, have you read Elaine's thread about Eva's Reiki therapy? Have you considered alternative therapy for your Paloma?

I don't know if you use Castle Vets (as you're in Reading), but I know they have some access to alternative therapists so might be worth a chat with them.

Good luck - and don't give up! There must be something up and hopefully with patience and love you can get to the bottom of it!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Birman
05-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #12

Hi, all,

Getting desperate! Paloma has sprayed several times today. My other half is getting a bit jumpy! I will try to get her (the cat!) to the vet soon, but it's getting worrying. She's gorgeous otherwise and I don't want to lose her! My cat is registered with Tilehurst Vets, so we'll see what they say further in the next few days. She has been neutered and I am still using Felliway room treatment which is all the vets suggest.

Thanks, Scilla

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #13

Can you confine her to a room where she hasn't sprayed to see if you can break the cycle?

Catsey Junior

06-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #14

Hi,

Thanks for that. I will try to organise things. I have tried again the stress capsules from the vet which you sprinkle on food, but it just makes her sleep and the problem comes back. The other thing I remembered is that when she sprayed twice the other day, I had given her a dose of Frontline the night before so she might have been stressed from that!

Scilla

Catsey Junior

23-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #15

Hi everyone!

Update on Paloma. Last week I took her to the vet and got the allclear - no waterworks problems. Advisedto change the litter from wood chips to a fine one - now use Catsan. Also advised to keep cat indoors and keep her out of the living room at night! I put biscuits drink and litter tray in the hall at night with living room door closed, then back to the living room for the daytime. Paloma has not been outdoors for a week now AND THERE HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS!!! I don't know if the problem was her going outside or the different litter material. Anyway it seems to be working and she has to remain an indoors cat! Change of litter may help your fellow writer with cat peeing problems.

Will keep you advised. Thanks for help!

Scilla

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #16

Thanks for the update! Wonderful news!

Catsey Veteran

23-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #17

That's great news!!! sometimes with these things it's a case of trial and error. Long may the non-spraying continue

Catsey Junior

12-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #18

Hi, all,

Another update! Paloma is still behaving herself but will remain an indoor cat. She is doing well. Thanks everyone for encouragement.

Scilla

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #19

Thanks for the update; glad things are working out so well!!