Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #1

Birdseed shortage!

I hope it means everyone is feeding the poor birds! All three of my local supermarkets are out of birdseed and suet cakes!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
19-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #2

Re: Birdseed shortage!

We used to put food out for the birds but they stopped coming to our house because of the next door neighbours cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #3

I guess all you Washingtonians must be feeding their wild birds Eileen - I can't think that they are turning it into human seedy cakes! Yuk.

Sometimes I use a packeted suet that is meant for humans to melt and mix with peanut flour and other seeds and sultanas to make my own bird cake.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #4

I'm hoping by Sunday when I next go to Whole Foods that it will be back in stock. Jim, my neighbor, has been slogging thru the mid-calf snow to fill my feeder with my last bag, but it must be almost gone by now. Poor birdies!