Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4x non pedigree
20-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

Overweight Cat

Hi all

Hardy my 10yr old cat needs to go on a diet. She is fed Royal Canin Fit 32 along with her sister. However this time i got the one for 7years + & they liked it (it was on offer).

Due to finances I can not buy two separate R/C foods so I have come across a light one that they do but wonder if it would be ok to feed her sister on it, she could perhaps lose a pound or two, but nothing like Hardy. Another thing is they always have food down & no set meal times & also they have free access to outdoors.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Many thanks

Amanda

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #2

Re: Overweight Cat

Hi Amanda ...... I can appreciate your problem with Hardy. My Pip (aged nearly 3) is also a bit on the porky side, but he is an active boy always on the go. My other cat Kizzy could do with putting on a little weight IMO, but I am sure that she's fine. They have ProPlan and recently I have started mixing half and half adult and light and buying two smaller bags. They also have the option of RC Comfort. Their food is always down but I do make a point of only feeding twice a day and I have cut down the amount that I put in their bowls. They also have some wet food, a small amount (currently Applaws tuna and anchovy) daily - it's the only wet food they will eat without waste.

It is difficult when you are catering for more than one cat - I would advise measuring their food and making sure that they get only what the manufacturer recommends and perhaps try playing more with Hardy and seeing if extra exercise could help him.

Good luck - please let us know how you and Hardy get on!