Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #11

Re: Natures Menu/Almo Nature/Gourmet Gold/Best wet food?

I WISH my two would eat wet - Kizzy refuses completely but Pip will eat both, so I am trying to encourage that. Kizzy's only compromise to this is eating wild things that may come her way.

We may know what's best health-wise for our cats, but that doesn't mean to say that they will be good children and eat what's on their plates - or in their bowls!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #12

I have found a brilliant hi fish content alternative to the more expensive Hi-life types. It is Feline Fayre and can be bought at Home Bargains and Asda. It is only 25p a satchet at Home Bargains and I think about 33p at Asda. They only do fish varities but the cats go mad for them. The varities are Tuna, Tuna & Salmon, Ocean Fish and Seafood Platter. The Seafood Platter goes down particularly fast. The fish content is 65%. I mix mine with RC dried.

Well worth a try.

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #13

Thanks for that tip Kay - I'll see if I can find it!

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Thanks for that tip Kay - I'll see if I can find it!
The other supermarets may stock it but I have only seen it in Asda. I buy it from Home Bargains as it is so cheap. Love that shop

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #15

Don't think we have Home Bargains - don't recognise the name! We do have Asda though - get our grocery delivery from them.

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #16

Home Bargains are pretty new but are expanding quickly so you may get one near you soon.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
03-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #17

http://www.tjmorris.co.uk/ is Home Bargains site, and at the bottom there is a store locator.

My female gets fed on Felix Senior (the trays) and has been on them for years, and she seems to be coping fine. My male is on Royal Canin Renal however.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #18

Thanks for the link pcspik - there are no stores within 50 miles of where I live! I'll try Asda!

Cats owned: Moggie
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #19

I've come to this a bit late, but this is my twopenn'orth. I had to put ours on to grain free food, or as grain free as I could find most of the time because Fred had urinary problems. So these are the ones we've tried and they've liked:
Hi-Life
Nature's Menu
Schesir
Feline Fayre
Bozita (I know you only want one or two, but these actually worked out the best when we had the two cats)

I also give them either Orijen, Almo Nature, Applaws, Organipets or Taste of the Wild kibbles. The Almo Nature and Applaws are not all complete foods, so be careful which you get - most of them are just supplementary foods and shouldn't be fed to cats as a regular food because they're lacking some essential minerals and vitamins.

If there's a Pets at Home near you then they have their own brand of food that's about 60% meat/fish content.

I've found that a lot of the so called 'premium' cat foods still carry a pretty high percentage of grains/cereals and I'm never particularly keen on food that says it contains 'animal derivatives'. In my book it either contains meat or it doesn't.

I was pretty horrified to discover that normal Felix and Whiskas only contain about 2% meat.

Catsey Veteran

07-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #20

Just put in my Asda order and ordered 4 pouches of 2 different varieties of Feline Fayre. Cheap enough to try - let's see what my two think of it.

By the way, if anyone wants me to send them samples of Joe and Jill's, please PM me. I'd rather send it for other Catsey cats to try rather than take the whole lot down to the charity bin at P@H.