Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #1

Heated disagreement - my life.

Have to tell you I just had a stand up row.

Cleo pottered out of the front door while I was talking to a neighbour who pushed a card through. We don’t live on a main road just an estate so she s perfectly safe I was chatting leaning on the wall as you do . When Cleo came flying through the wrought iron fence at full speed so fast she crashed into the conifer. A GSD was chasing her now my fence is about 4ft high with a hoop at the top so he didn’t jump it but stood growling an pacing outside the fence now Cleo had gone in, when a couple of blokes then came up and I half expected them to apologise but they never spoke and I was going to ignore them until one said “He almost got that one” I turned and looked at them then the other bloke said “He should have got that one it was old”
My neighbour Jill said “If you’re talking about the cat; it lives here” to which one said quietly “wouldn’t have lived anywhere if he’d caught it!!!!” indicating to the dog.
Well that was it I stood up to my full height of 5ft 2” and said “That cat your dog has chased is mine and if you let that dog chase it again it’ll be the last thing you ever do”
A small disagreement then occurred. Words were spoken- mostly I must admit mine.
Just then Oscar wondered out the front door – as he is prone to do when hearing my voice the GSD went crazy and the one bloke give him his due took me at my word but but the other egged the dog on. So I said “okay fair is fair” if you want to let him have a go at cats go ahead. But be careful.
They both stopped as I walked towards the front door and let the “girls” out Sal and Tess licked Oscar “they always do when greeting him” as I turned back I noticed the GSD was back on the lead.
Obviously chasing 23 year old cats, or any cat is okay but letting their dog face two young fit Staffies was obviously another kettle of fish. I said the bloke who had taken no notice previously. “I promise you mate if you let that dog of yours chase my cats I’ll come looking for you and trust me you won’t want me to find you.”

Sometimes I think my world is full of minor crisis.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #2

Re: Heated disagreement - my life.

Good on you Karen!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #3

I tell you Emma sometimes - people - Agggghhhh But I got a round of appaulse from my neighbours 4 of whom came out to "silently support me" they did not intervene because according to Mr Coke (elderly gentleman opposite) "You don't need no support to see off rabble. But his two sons Kenneth and Dennis and their cousin Leroy (all bouncers in the city centre) and at least 6ft5" each stood apparently just behind me, in Mr Coke's garden. They'd come to put his lights up for Christmas.
And Alan from up the road a bit shouted down "And believe me mate you'd rather I found you than her if you harm them cats, keep the **** dog on a lead or else" Neighbours eh who'd have 'em.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM   #4

Well handled Kazz!! and what a lovely lot of neighbours you have there I wish our neighbours were like that

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #5

I had a similar experience when we first moved to where we live this young teenager was walking his dog which he walked past my cats (the cat didn't realise he was there) and I am 100% sure he egged on his dog to run after my cat, although his dog was on a lead, so seeing this I ran over the road and had words with him, I think he was so surprised anybody saw him and I do not think that we would have let his dog hurt my cat, but I let him know if any harm came to my cats by his dog then I would find him.

He says hello to me but I think he is a little bit cautious of me Doesn't hurt to put the fear of god into these youngsters sometime lol

God help anybody who hurt my pets or any other animals come to that!

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #6

After I had words with the lad my dad saw me (he was popping over for the afternoon) and he asked what was going on and I told him. My dad is not the sort of person you would mess with or upset (he has got a foul temper on him when he gets angry), he just smiled and we went inside the house

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #7

I think "we " as a group put the fear of God into those two the cats as normal were totally unfussed

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #8

'Tis the season of Peace and Goodwill to all men!'
Good on you Kazz.....I bet you stick up for all your neighbours too!

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #9

Actually Mags I have no idea why people come round here causing the hint of trouble we're like Elephants we never forget round here

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #10

Never a dull moment round your way then Kazz!