Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #1

Question for dog owners

Yesterday I had a major verbal altercation with 2 blokes who were letting their dogs pee in my neighbour's front garden. They seemed afronted by the fact that I took issue with their animals doing this (initially I accused them of letting the dogs poo in the garden and they told me, as if in vindication, that their dogs we peeing)!! One of them actually got quite het-up

I know that dog owners now regularly clean up their pets' poo in parks, streets etc, but can I ask, is it acceptable practice to allow dogs to pee everywhere? My neighbour has spent much time trying to get her garden planted up nicely; surely widdles can damage plants?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-12-2005, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Question for dog owners

No you cannot allow your dog to pee anywhere, it would have been acceptable for the dogs to pee on the grass verge outside the property but not on their private land. All dogs should be on a leash on a public highway anyhow and being allowed into someone's front garden is nothing more that trespassing. Those guys were well out of order and you were quite within your right to say something Yola!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
12-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #3

I wouldn't let my dogs use the neighbours garden as a toilet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
12-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #4

No I never let my dogs pee on someone else's property. My Jas I wouldn't even let pee up against someone's garden wall or gate post. I made him wait till we got to a tree or grass verge. My bitches I did the same, I never let them pee on the path outside someone's house, I always made them go on the grass.

I agree with Fran, the dogs should have been on a lead and not allowed to wander onto other people's property

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #5

It is definitely not acceptable allowing your dogs to pee anywhere, these people obviously have no consideration for other peoples property!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #6

Thanks for your responses - I thought as much!! The dogs were on leads, it's just that the wall is down at that point and the blokes were getting the dogs to jump over the couple of brick courses remaining and squat on the soil. It was right by the pavement and sadly there is no grass verge there, just pavement and then road.

Some people . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #7

ben does his biz on most public areas (and i clean up after him) but i wouldnt let him do wees on or in other ppls property. its only polite.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
but can I ask, is it acceptable practice to allow dogs to pee everywhere?
absolutely not! but of course the dog will only do what it is brought up to do. Mine would rather go pop than pee in the wrong place.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #9

If your dog is not on a lead then they will "pee" anywhere. I always keep mine on a lead in residential areas only good manners and common sense.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #10

Male dogs do tend to pee up things, but its the owners responsibility to keep them close to them so they cant. Male pee does not damage plants like bitch pee, thats does kill grass etc.. but male pee doesnt, its not anywhere near as adicic.
Dawn.