Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #1

Sunday Daily.

Good morning everyone. It's Sunday evening here and i thought I'd just do a quick post while Janna is outside with the cats. Strange how I posted the same time as you, Pamela, on Saturday. Great minds really do think alike. Anyway, I had an uneventful day trying to fix my poor burnt saucepan but I've tried everything and nothing works, so I'm going to chuck it.Sad because it is part of a set of 3 and it was a good wee one.

My cousin's golden retriever, Cinder, is a great deal better today and didn't need to go out through the night last night at all.The new food must be doing the trick and settling her tummy, thank goodness.

Tomorrow is a public holiday here in NZ, to celebrate Waitangi Day AND it's going to be 29 degrees with no cloud cover. I'm getting hot just thinking about it. Still I mustn't be a killjoy and moan because it is lovely for children, especially as it's the last day of their summer holidays.Brenna and Jared are going to the beach with the children and asked me and Janna to come along too,but I politely declined. Janna will probably go though, and I'll stay at home and keep my eye on the cats.I had to cut Betsey's fur around her neck and along her back today because it was all matted, thanks to Frederick always gnawing on her.Honestly that cat is a right pain and i wish she'd give him a good swipe, but she doesn't.She'll be safer tomorrow anyway because Freddy will be too hot to bite her.They all hate the extreme heat and so will spend the day lying on the Kool mat ,when I prepare it.

PAMELA, I hope you enjoyed seeing your dad and sister yesterday and managed to help him sort out a few things. I bet he was pleased to see the yummy cakes and i bet you enjoyed your indian meal last night.That garden of yours will look beautiful when you get your sundial and what a nice memorial of your mum.I hope you enjoy looking around the garden centre today.Poor Barney with a sore leg. I hope it's a little better today for him. I'm glad you're keeping him on short walks just now.

KAZZ, hopefully it's not so foggy today for you and Gert. I always find the fog kind of spooky. Guess i must watch too many horror movies .Sounds as if you ,as well as Pamela, are both really into gardening. Both your gardens will be so beautiful when they are finished. That wood fired pizza from Iceland sounds so yummy too.Making me feel hungry. Wow, your aunt, at 104, is amazing and good for her to take the time to check on her neighbours every day. She must be a really caring person. Does she live close enough to you so that you can visit her often ? I guess with the current lock downs you have to keep within your own bubble as we had to do. The world could certainly do with more caring people like your aunt and I wish her all the best.

SHELLEY hope Howard's physio appointment went well and he's now on the road to recovery.

YOLA, hope the car hunting/ buying is going smoothly.

Well everyone, off to watch some TV then to bed. Can someone do a rain dance so that it rains a bit tomorrow PLEASE ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-02-2021, 11:26 AM   #2

Re: Sunday Daily.

Morning Dinky and those to follow.

I do hope you enjoy the bank holiday, i hope Janna, Brenna and Jared and the kids have a lovely time at the beach. Such a shame your not joining them. I do hope you treat yourself to some new saucepans I am currently looking at carpet shampoo'ers as i have cream carpets (they were here when we moved in) Not my choice with animals!!

Our morning got off to not a great start!! Went out for our walk with the dogs and about 10steps from the house, Mia squealed. Didnt think too much of it as she can be a drama queen. Got about 5mins from the house and noticed blood on her back leg and front paw so promptly home. She lets me look at cuts or hurt bits so paw into a bowl of warm water and salt, gave it a good clean and it seems to have stopped bleeding thankfully as she would not let a vet do what i did. Will keep an eye on it and see how she goes. She is currently cuddled up beside me.

Yola how did the car buying going?

Kazz, i hope you dont have a foggy walk today.

Shelley, how is Howard this morning? All our physios are closed because of lockdown which is frustrating as i really need an appointment with mine as my leg still gives me bother when running

Have a great day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-02-2021, 11:32 AM   #3

Morning all

Been out for a shall we say bracing walk with the dog...she adored it totally, and I love the fact no "fair weather walkers" out and about. Back home by 9.30am after a lovely 21/2 hours out and about. Sausage sarnie and now catching up on last nights the voice.

Roast pork chop dinner today.

Dinky My aunt when the World is "normal" is a hard person to visit she is never in the house always out and about uses buses and often flying out somewhere.

Have a good day everyone.

RIP the saucepan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-02-2021, 01:34 PM   #4

Just back from taking the boy to his Maccies job. It’s bitter out there. The car is bought! It’s a red Alfa Romeo Mito with black wheels. Smart. OH drove it and said it’s sweet. Just need to sort out a parking permit for it as we don’t have space for more than the 2 cars we currently have in the drive.

Not sure what is planned for today. I have groomed the Persians - which was a battle; Dexter turns into a vicious beast and Kiki wriggles, squeaks and cries and I end up with more fur on me that her!

We had pork chops last night, with home made ratatouille. Tonight it’s venison steaks. Yum.

Right - a bit of ironing and cleaning to do now ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-02-2021, 02:14 PM   #5

Afternoon,
Howards physio went well, he has exercises to do and will be seen in a month.
Had my covid jab yesterday, I felt a bit shivery after and by early evening developed a temperature.
Still feeling a bit off today.
I guess my body is fighting a battle so will rest today.
Dinky, I'm glad Cinders is better, pumpkin and sweet potatoes are good for dodgy stomachs.
Kazz, your garden plans sound really good.
Yola, your sons car sounds wonderful.
Pamela, hope you got lots of sorting done with your dad.
Hope Mias paw is OK and also Barney.