Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #1

Frederick 's annoying behaviour towards his sister.

Hi everyone, just wondering if any of you can shed any light on Frederick's behaviour towards Betsey-Mae. Both are now 2 years old and Freddie has always been the dominant one out of the three siblings. Dickens, the other male, runs from him, as Freddie is a real bully. Just lately,he has been jumping on top of poor wee Betsey- Mae and biting the back of her neck. He won't let go and she gets distressed. This is happening a lot !!!!!All were neutered/speyed as kittens and Freddie has only started doing this recently.Is there any way to discourage this? Poor Betsey's neck is all bitten and Freddie is VERY hard to dislodge as he just hangs on. Thanks everyone.

Almost a Veteran Member

19-12-2015, 08:20 AM   #2

Re: Frederick 's annoying behaviour towards his sister.

The problem still continues with fredereick, but now Dickens is doing it as well. Betse -Mae spits and hisses but Dickens just climbs on top of her and bites her neck, and she can't dislodge him. This is happening all throughout the day and I really don't know how to stop it. Has anyone encountered this behaviour before?

Almost a Veteran Member

02-01-2016, 11:48 PM   #3

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, Snodgrass is now in on the act with Betsey-Mae too. AND now the three males are trying to do the same with Miracle. Feliway has not had any effect, and i really don't know how to stop my boysThe whole dynamics of the cat group seems to be changing ,with Betsey-Mae and Miracle now being afraid and slinking around in fear. and the three males, especially Frederick,prowling around confidently like lions. I don't like seeing them like this.I've always had a multi cat household and this has never happened before. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #4

not had any experience with this dinky sorry. Harris used to try bite Skye but she managed to get away before he could properly bite. I hope you get it sorted x Poor Betsy Mae and Miracle x