Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #1

My baby :)

Hey

Just thought I would pop on and update you all on Mia.

Well the jaundice took ages to settle down! She was under the phototherapy lights for 3 nights 4 days before the sbr levels dropped to a safe level but they then kept rising and falling for the next 3 weeks. Poor baby's foot was like a pin cushion from all the blood tests (2 a day in hospital then 3 a week for the next 3 weeks). Finally got that sorted she started suffering with acid reflux, it's taken 7 weeks to get that under control, touch wood the ranitidine will continue to work it's magic!

Anyway she's 11 weeks today (scary how fast it's going!) and is absolutely gorgeous!

Sorry for the pic over load! I still find myself just sat staring in total awe of her for hours! She's just so amazingly perfect and I can't believe she came from me!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #2

Re: My baby :)

Hello Erin Mia is absolutely gorgeous .... doesn't she look sweet in her Santa outfit! I love the photos of her in her posh dress too .... very pretty! No doubt she was thoroughly spoiled on her first Christmas!

Sorry to hear she had a troublesome start in life, I hope things will now improve and she can be rid of the horrid needles and medicine.

Never mind about a pic overload, it's lovely to see her! Looking forward to more updates soon.

A very Happy New Year to you all, Erin!

Catsey Veteran

03-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #3

Thanks Mags yes she was spoiled rotten by everyone! I love her Christmas dress and her push party dress. It's just a little sad that she'll only wear them that once! We may get another wear out of her party dress when we get some photos done but that will be it.

I've just noticed you can see Jerry's tail swishing above her head in the second photo lol, he's still not sure what to make of her bless him and is wanting to be outside more we also have to keep him out if the nursery and our bedroom because he started pee'ing in her cot (luckily the mattress was still wrapped) and crib (mattress wasn't wrapped so we had to get another). He's starting to show more of an interest in her now, I know it's slot for him to get used to bless him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #4

ah, the gorgeous Mia She is coming along brilliantly Erin, and def none the worse for her problems at the start. Glad to hear Jerry is coming round too, it's a lot for an animal to take it when a new baby comes along x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #5

Erin, she's adorable and you all make such a lovely family - it's heartwarming to see.

I hope Jerry can settle with Mia around. It took my 3 (at the time my eldest son was born) a while to settle down and get used to (a) the noise and (b) having less attention but eventually a routine was established and although the dynamic changed the cats didn't seem overly concerned by it all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #6

What a wee cutie-pie Mia is Erin. Sad that she's had a battle and what a worry it must have been for her mum and dad. Glad to see that she's looking very bonny now.

I hope Jerry soon settles down and adapts.

Catsey Veteran

04-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #7

Thank you everyone

Alex I'm surprised your not sick to death of all the photos with amount I put on fb lol.

Yola thank you so much we're both absolutely besotted with her and Steve is just amazing, I could watch them together all day

Angie it was a very stressful time but she's just perfect now we still have the occasional unsettled day with her reflux but thankfully these are becoming less

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #8

Erin,she is totally adorable and looks such a sweetie in her lovely outfits. I am sorry to hear she has had a few problems, but hope things improve from now on. You sound so devoted and that is wonderful, she is a lucky little girl. I remember just staring at my children too and feeling so lucky! They are both adults now, but that feeling is so magical. Enjoy her!

Catsey Veteran

04-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #9

Thank you Kim I don't think ill ever get bored of just sitting looking at her, she's my most favourite thing in the world to sit and watch Im enjoying every single second but not much of a fan of how quickly it's all going!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #10

What a lovely girl Mia is. Love her outfits, as you say shame she'll only wear once but then - a girl can't have too many clothes!!