Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-12-2023, 11:24 PM   #1

Friday daily.

Hi Pamela and Shelley,
Yes it's your long lost friend, forum member and local nutter here again and yay.......... I now have TWO hands with which to type. My dressings came off finally yesterday and although my fingers, especially on the left hand ,are still purple, and swollen, at least i can use them. The actual bite is on the palm of my hand and still has a dressing on it, but at least my right hand is now looking good . I honestly never knew that a cat bite could be so dangerous. I knew about dog bites of course, but evidently a cat bite can be equally ,if not more, serious I'm still on a myriad of antibiotics and will have to remain on them for a while yet. They are changed regularly and I'm also on anti -nausea medication. Anyway, I'm feeling so much better now that my temperature has finally returned to within the normal range. I've been staying out at Brenna's until yesterday and Janna has been looking after the cats and working a few nights. It's great to finally be at home again, but boy, am I keeping well away from Freddie.. I'm sorry to say that I really don't like him much at the moment. I've got so much to do in the house and it looks a real mess, but I'm going to just wait until next week and take it easy this weekend. I'm not having Oren at all (he doesn't know it yet) and I'm just going to spend Saturday and Sunday reading and watching TV and generally doing nothing. I'm not allowed to do dishes or get my left hand wet at all, and I've got to see my doctor again on Monday to have the dressing and the medication changed, so that will keep me busy. On Tuesday, I'm gonna hit the shops big time - gotta make up for lost time !!!

The weather here has been really changeable. Cold one minute with heavy rain then really really hot. It was officially the first day of summer a few days ago. I hear that it's going to be really hot tomorrow _around 27 degrees - which I don't like, but as I won't be doing anything, then it won't worry me too much (I hope).

I had to have my friendship ring, which I'd worn since i was 16, cut off my right hand at the hospital, as my fingers were swelling, and I really miss it. Brenna had it fixed but it's still a bit tight ,so I'm going to wear it on a chain around my neck for a few weeks until my fingers are less swollen. I made a promise that I would never take that ring off and I feel so guilty about not wearing it now. Funny how the little things often upset you far more than the bigger things.

Janna bought a t-shirt off trademe about a week ago and it's now gone missing. This is the second item that's gone missing - the first one was a t-shirt as well, but we finally got it,.NZ Post are looking into it, but the seller isn't willing to submit an enquiry from her end, which she really has to do to start the ball rolling. Honestly, our postal system is terrible.

I'm now way behind in my xmas shopping, and I'm just hoping I can still cook the xmas night meal for everyone. I was so looking forward to it, and I'm just praying that the infection doesn't flare up again, which it evidently can do . At least my doctor is keeping a close eye on things. I've now got two more people coming as well - Jan from down the road and her son Elijah. Jan runs a cat rescue centre and took in many displaced cats after our big earthquakes, when no one else would take them. She was such a comfort to me when Miracle was pregnant with her kittens and was never judgemental. She will be on her own with her son on xmas day and that's not good, so she'll come her for (hopefully) a nice meal.

PAMELA,I bet your xmas tree looks good in the lounge. Are you still going with the blue theme this year ? I guess you'll be in Altrincham now and perhaps moving on to Blackpool today. I do hope you have a great time there and get a bit of decent weather. Poor Steven with a cold though. That's not good when he has to be away from home. I hope he's feeling better. It's good to see you out running again ,my friend and this time doing canicross with Robyn. Of course she'd be good at it, just as she is with the man trailing. You've got an amazing girl there, Pamela. I don't blame you for not driving in the snow. I don't either. It's not very nice getting stuck in it either. Have a super dooper break away, Pamela. Glad your dad is doing well also.

SHELLEY, I guess you are now in Eastbourne and i hope you're having a fantastic time, Shelley. Did Howard go with you, or is it connected with the doll club ? I'm sorry about Malaiki's tooth playing up and I hope it settles with the antibiotics. It sounds as if you and Pamela have very good vets who try to minimise any stress for the animals by seeing them outside if possible. That's so much better if an animal is nervous. I hope your dad and Reuben had a great time in Wales and had a safe trip home again. Reuben ,especially, will be pleased to be back on familiar ground.

Well ladies, I'm off to make myself a cup of coffee. - yeah, I can actually make one myself now. I hope you both have a lovely Friday and if either of you are travelling, travel safe.