Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
06-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #11

Re: Houseful of oldies

Still no interest in either Tom or Martha - Tom has been here a year now, so looking very doubtful for him. Martha will have to be an only cat, which will make it harder to find her a home - she doesn't show any interest in coming out of the cat room, never mind the front door, so might be OK as an only cat. Lovely and affectionate though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #12

Well done for looking after the oldies. They are all lovely cats, I particularly like the photo of Molly with her paws crossed, I love it when they do that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #13

Oh bless them!! And you too for taking on the older cats . . . they are so often overlooked and it is heartbreaking!

It also nearly always seems to be the tuxedo and black cats that are left when all the others have been snapped up for rehoming. What a shame

Hopefully they'll find the right kind of homes soon - and those that are with you for good - well they've fallen on their paws haven't they

Almost a Veteran Member

07-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #14

It is sad that the oldies get left behind - they are the only ones I take on, and it is just such a shame I can't afford to have more, I certainly would if I could afford it (have my eye on one at another shelter). I have had young black and whites that have gone quickly, but dont seem to have much luck with the oldies at the moment, but hopefully it will happen soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #15

Lots of black and white cats - they are just as stunning as any other cat - I am glad you are there for them x

Almost a Veteran Member

09-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #16

'Old' vets rang me today asking if i could help with a cat they had been asked to pts. Seemingly healthy cat, and the only reason she could make out was that she is ruining his new decorations. She is a 13 year old tabby, not sure if he has had her all her life (forgot to ask). Only prob I have is that Martha hates other cats (she will only venture out of her room to chase Tom), so she will have to go in the cage in the front room - but our other fosterer lost two of her oldies this week (one was a 20 year old Persian), so she may be able to take her on, but I am a bit reluctant to ask just yet. Will post pics at some point

Almost a Veteran Member

11-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #17

Here is Tiger, the one I picked up yesterday - it did break my heart though, as she was crying, and the poor thing had had one owner from being a kitten, so her whole world has been turned upside down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #18

Oh, poor Tiger, such a pretty cat, and to be discarded for such a stupid reason! I do hope she finds a loving home very soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
11-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #19

((((((hugs to Tiger))))) she is gorgeous x

Almost a Veteran Member

11-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #20

she is gorgeous. He told me she wasn't easy to stroke or brush but not vicious, I have managed both, but only for short periods and she has been slightly nasty, but i think it is just cos of how her life has been turned upside down, and I hope she does get a bit friendlier. Oh, and the only thing he told me about why he was letting her go (I didn't ask, as I was told by the vets - I did ask how long he had had her, and he said 13 years) was that she is tying him down. I had to stand there and nod my head politely (while thinking, 'this takes me up to 6 cats, which I find hard work, and I work full time')