Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
02-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #1

We need Area Co-Ordinators

Bengal Cat Rescue has doubled in the number of unwanted Bengals we see comig through our doors. I need Co-Ordinators who will field phonecalls, arrange homechecks and arrange transport of cats to and from homes.

Ideally they will be able to foster short term while we organise homechecks of possible homes. To do this you will need a dog crate to fit in a bed, food, water and litter tray.

I need Co-Ordinators in:

London & Surrey
Kent and Sussex
Hertfordshire
Norfolk
North West (Liverpool/ Cheshire)
North East (Yorkshire/Tyne and Wear)
Scotland

People who need to home cats will be able to contact you directly to take them into foster and I will organise all homechecks and cover, Reading to South West, Midlands(with Debbie) and South Wales.

We also offer Behavioural Advice which will continue to come through Debbie and myself, so don't worry about that element.

If you can help out in anyway please pm or email me

Catsey Junior

03-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #2

Re: We need Area Co-Ordinators

We have seen a 50% increase in cats needing homes and unlike the BCR's in the USA I don't want to have to close my doors due to too many cats. So I am looking for Area Co-Ordinators to take on the role I do for that area, taking in foster cats, working with me to arrange homechecks of possible homes and assisting with transporting them there, plus taking the cats to the vets for vacc,chipping, neutering etc whatever is needed.

I need Co-Ordinators in North West, North East, East Anglia, North Wales, Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire.

North West and North East are Areas where we're seeing the biggest increase in cats needing help.

Foster cats will need to be kept seperate from your animals, and probably initially in a dog crate as they often come in due to marking, we have had a great success rate with these cats and once re-trained to use a litter tray they have gone on to new homes without a problem. We will offer you full support and advice on any aspects of fostering.

You will be responsible for taking the phonecalls for your area and all the paperwork for your area, adoption forms, signover of cats etc.

If you're interested please email me or give me a call, my number is on the BCR website.

As with any rescue the pay is none existant we're only in it to saved Bengals being passed from pillar to post and to work with the Governing Bodies to stop the Kitten Farms.

Catsey Junior

06-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #3

still looking

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #4

I'd love to help out but I am already involved with another rescue & it looks like you don't need anyone from West Midlands.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
07-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #5

Idem. One-bedroom flat and resident cat. If any of that changes (planning a move, no you're still not getting Rover. ) I will be in touch. I have my better half's permission, even.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-05-2006, 08:06 AM   #6

I cannot help unfortunately as I dont have any spare space in my little house.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
07-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #7

I would love to help, but already foster for a charity, and don't drive. I do hope you find some volunteers though.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals & a DSH
07-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #8

I Would love to help - I have Bengal's of my own -but D'arcy is VERY donminant and wouldn't allow any others cats in the house - I can't understand why there are so many - mabe it is people thinking oooooo a lovey spotty coat - they look nice - but like amany haven't done thier homework and realise having a Bengal is like having a child -they are very demanding - but very lovable. I wish you luck and hope these beautiful cats find the loving homes they deserve.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #9

I can help. I am a veterinary nurse in Newcastle. I have 4 cats of my own but do have isolated room and cage for short term fostering. I don't have a car so can't drive anywhere, but can homecheck and have done lots of rescue/foster work with cats/dogs/ferrets/hedgehogs

I am very experienced in rehoming cats as rehoming them all the time. I cannot guarantee there will always be space for a cat in my home, but I am certainly always available to help rehome cats in need. I am good with paper work, phone calls and of course, cats

My email is emma_pen@yahoo.co.uk

Catsey Junior

14-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #10

THanks Emma
I will send you an email with some info about us on it. and hopefully we can chat from there