Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH tabby mog
16-02-2006, 08:14 AM   #11

Re: Tia needs a new home

She looks so much like my Zak who is 10 now and has no problems at all. She is a really well balanced little thing. What sort of behavioural problems is Tia showing, just out of interest? I am not really familiar with behavioural problems in cats.....just dogs.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
16-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #12

Aww she looks lovely. Has she had any luck with findindg a new home yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #13

Have had no luck so far in finding a good home for Tia. Have given her owner lots of info on solving her issues. Have also given her a contact number for a woman I know who deals alot in animal behaviours. I personally dont think Tia is a problem cat and that the behaviours displayed will be easily resolved with a little time and patience. She has been scratching at furniture and walls but she has no scratch post, she has one small scratch mat which I bought for her. She has also pee'd on her clothes on the odd occasion, this I feel is due to the tray not being cleaned often enough.
Have therefore told her owner that Tia may be with her for some time to come and it would be better for everyone if she tried to work with Tia and not against her. Owner is unhappy. Tia is unhappy. So surely it would be better for her to take on board her responsibilities and duty to supply Tia with what she needs, after all it isnt going to cost her that much in the end. 20 quid for a decent scratch post maybe??? And a few minutes to clean her tray out daily. I really dont think its much to ask her to try.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #14

Have some mixed feelings about this but anyway here goes.....
I had a few offers of help to rehome Tia but her owner now wants to keep her.
After many lengthy chats with Tia's owner, she has decided to keep her and, hopefully provide her with a scratch post. I did buy her one of those scratching waves last week coz i felt so sorry for the puss. She has also agreed that it is not a sensible idea to leave clothes lying around for Tia to pee on and has also agreed to watch Tia's behaviour in the litter box, possibly experimenting with different litters and cleaning the box daily or twice daily if need be.
I only hope that she sticks to her word and makes that lovely little puss happy and comfortable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #15

Fingers crossed for Tia, Elaine. Well done in your persuasive techniques.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #16

Well done Elaine, I hope Tia will have a much happier life from now on....

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #17

I do hope she will be happy and that her owner does take everything onboard and do her best by her.

Catsey Junior

21-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #18

a lot of problem animals root cause is a problem owner... hope Tia's owner does stick to it, for both their sakes.

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #19

So do I, and I certainly dont want to go through the worry of trying to rehome her AGAIN somewhere down the line. I am still insisting that she goes for a check up at the vets. I have offered to take her myself and if need be I will pay for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #20

poor tia, i just hope her owner listens to you Elaine and take snotice, and treats this baby a lot beter.
Keep us updated