Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Domestic Long Hair
21-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #1

My Beloved Pet - Tina

Well today I plucked up the courage to go and collect her ashes from the vets needless to say on the way there in the car I was fine, telling myself all would be well. On entering the surgery I couldn't even get my words out !!! Eventually managed to tell the nurse what I was there for ... oh dear such a blubberer !!!
Anyhow to cut a long story short, and with ashes duly handed over I made my way home rather weepy to say the least. I must have startled the motorists at the lights !!!
Once home I opened the box to find Tina's ashes in a very beautiful little urn type vase (much like a very small ginger jar)and again proceeded to bawl my eyes out.
Having regained my composure I made myself a cup of tea, sat at the computer and printed off a lovely photo of her, placed this in a frame and she is now sitting on my sideboard along side her beautiful photograph and I am much happier she is now at peace and at home with me.
How I miss her !! Just wanted to share this with you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #2

Re: My Beloved Pet - Tina

it must have been very hard for you today. she is at peace now and with you every day, and you can look at her and remember good times x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #3

it must be soo difficult, at least she is there with you and she always will be in heart aswell

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #4

Oh Lesley, that must have been so difficult for you but I'm proud of you for making that journey while you are still grieving so much. You finally have your dear Tina back home with you where she belongs. I am sure that must be a comfort to you and you will soon find that you are remembering your happier times together.

It is good that you have printed off a lovely photo of her, smile at her every day as she will always be with you now.

If you would like to have her photo on here as a tribute, let me know and I will do my best to get it on here for you.

Lots of ((((hugs))) to you, take care... x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
21-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #5

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Tina and what a terrible trip that must have been for you, but at least she is with you now at home and at peace xx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #6

How very hard.... But as others have said, she's home with you forever now, not to be forgotten.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #7

I've made that journey twice now and know how you felt and feel. When I bought my Merlin home, I had a very stiff drink and bawled my eyes out.

I love the fact that you have printed off a good photo of your lovely Tina to have near you. It really won't be too long before you will be able to look at her and smile. ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-02-2011, 03:20 AM   #8

Its such a strange feeling when you get the ashes back, its not a year from we lost our older Boxer and the grief is still very strong. I have her ashes upstairs in my bedroom with her photo in a frame beside it. Its comforting to be able to bring the ashes home again

Hugs to you

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #9

How very difficult for you. I am so sorry to hear about Tina. I have done that also and was a blubbering wreck. She will always be with you now.... Take care xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #10

A photo of Tina has now been added to the first post...