Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #41

Re: Bleeding

Hang on in there Luke . . . I hope Elsa starts to recover soon . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #42

Let us know how you get on Luke...thinking of you and little Elsa..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #43

well update, Elsa has been allowed home on the grounds isolation from other pets and people, she has to stay in one room and when being handled hands have to be thoroughly washed prior as with touching anything around her.
She has a lower colon infection, serious flea anemia, riddled with ear mites, worms and generally she is feeling down in the dumps.
She is on a course of antibiotics, flea treatment, drops for the ear mites, high dosage tablets for the worms, and we have been advised to add a little bit of scraped beef to her diet, as the red meat will help her re-build her blood count, she is also on an injection of something to do with her bloods.
She shouldnt have too much blood in her stools from now on, she began to go into shock yesterday apparentlly thats why she collapsed, she went into shock due to the lowness of blood cells, poor lass is lying in her crate flat out. She has to have a heated pad in her bed which BTW she seems to love
the woman who we bought her off, well she needs to have something done to her i cant say on a public forum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
15-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #44

Luke, surley this woman could have something done to her? A report to the RSPCA with a back up letter from your vet. Doesnt matter if the mateing was intentional or not she IS being cruel to her animals!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #45

At least she's home Luke...what a cocktail of medicines for a little one I would have thought your vet would have picked all these things up when you took her for a check up after you got her Luke?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
15-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #46

At least she's home Luke.

Get Well wishes are being sent to Elsa from everyone here and Moli sends her a kitten cuddle

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #47

It's sounding good Luke (especially the warmed bed!).
Lots of tlc and she will be fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #48

So pleased she is at home Luke, poor little girl, thats a lot to go through for one so tiny...She will be fine now she is back at home, all the tlc you give her will soon make her perk up..Give her a big cuddle from me........Patxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-11-2005, 01:09 PM   #49

I'm so pleased Elsa is coming home. Poor baby - she really doesn't deserve all this; being such a titch.

I agree that you should do something positive to stop this breeder - maybe get your local Cats Protection/RSPCA involved and get some press releases into the local paper, not necessarily slating this individual but publicising the fact that care needs to be taken both by breeders and by purchasers alike when kittens health are at stake.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #50

Pleased to hear she is home Luke, she needs to be kept quiet for a while now.
Like Fran said, I'm very surprised too that the vet didn't pick up on the fleas, worms etc when she had her previous check