Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #11

Re: Jerry

Thanks for the update, Erin. Sounds as if you've caught it in the early stages. Hope the high glucose was just stress inducd. Is he picky about his food? Leia refused to eat the Royal Canin urinary food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #12

Had Jerry's urine results back today. Pleased to say that there is no sign of an infection and no sugar so he is not diabetic Just as my vet said there are alot of the struvite crystals and protein showing, but hopefully as long as he keeps eating the food that should all clear up.

Eileen, he's not happy with not having his wet food, but at the moment is eating the urinary food, I have ordered some of the wet urinary food off line so hopefully this will make him a little happier.

He was much better last night and did 1 normal sized pee and a smaller one both in his tray there has been no sign of blood for the last 2 nights now so hopefully its getting sorted.

Poor Caspurr isnt happy with the new meal time arrangments either, Jerry is only allowed the Urinary food now so we are not able to leave Caspurrs food down because Jerry would eat it, he is letting us know exactly how unhappy he is with this Im sure he'll get used to it soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
10-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Poor Jerry, I hope they can sort him out.

Sidney had his first bout of cystitis at the week-end, but thankfully he seems much better now. I took him to the vet on Saturday morning and was quite surprised that he was prescribed metacam and Cystease capsules. I was really surprised he was not prescribed AB's, but apparently latest research has shown they don't help, in fact they can aggravate it!

Erin, it might be cheaper to buy the vet diet online rather than from your vets. I have awlays found vet uk, good. This link takes you to the cystease tabs, they might be helpful for Jerry?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/digestive-sup...capsules-p-747
Thanks for that link Kim, I will definately be ordering the food on line. We have been told to stop giving him the cystease now because its in the food, but Ill order some and keep some at hand just incase!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #14

That's good news Erin, I hope Jerry continues to improve ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #15

Glad to hear Jerry is on the mend Erin. Cuddles to the boy from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #16

Thanks for the update and the good news, Erin.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #17

Good news Erin, i'm pleased Jerry is getting better.