Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #11

Re: Bagel

Bagel is gorgeous, lovely markings, good to hear more about her, clever girl for converting you to a 'cat lover'!

Cats owned: Moggy
26-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #12

She says thank you for the lovely comments

She is daft and has some of the weirdest behaviours!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #13

They all have some weird behaviors! Share some of hers!

26-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
They all have some weird behaviors! Share some of hers!
I think some are just, well I think she is a little bit erm...dim

I frequently see her on a pillow and then she just rolls off from a height too!

She's fallen in the pond, twice

This was a new one from the other day but she was watching a moth fly about outside through the glass door, and suddenly she jumped into the glass. I almost died laughing

Bagel also has a habit of siddling up to you when you are eating and then getting one paw and trying to steal it and seems surprised when it turns out this doesnt make her invisible

One of my favourites is at dinner/breakfast time she has a perfected meow that sounds just like "Now, Now, Now, Now" until her dish is on the floor.

Oh and her dinner run is like her back legs cant bend and out sticking out straight, tail in the air!

I could go on forever!

ETA: I forgot she head butts me too right in the face, licks me and bites me (? this is one I would rather she stopped. Its like she wants to play but doesnt know how far she is going!)

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #15

I love it when they think they're invisible! Leia will hide in something, box, bag, tunnel, and assume as she can't see me I can't see her, although the tail and rear is sticking out.....

Does she do the silent miaow ever at dinner? Leia is trying to tell me she is so weak from hunger that she can barely speak... It's difficult for a large (14 pound) cat to assume the "small starving cat" face, but Ms L. can do it quite well...

Twice in the pond? Sultan fell in once, but learned that water is, well, WET!
Bagel sounds like a real joy!

26-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #16

Haha Leia sounds lovely

She doesnt even like water! She also sticks her head in the toilet when its been flushed Oh and she once almost jumped in the bath with me, it came very close

She's a bit special

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #17

Has she ever fallen in the toilet? Only one of mine ever did: Patches, my tortie; she knew drinking there was a big no-no, but would sneak in when she could; one day I heard a splash and a very wet, bedraggled and angry cat came flying thru the room .... it was very hard not to laugh. You gotta love them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #18

Oh Eileen - I can just about imagine it!!! I keep the toilet lid firmly closed. same with anything else I've no wish for madame to get into.

Rowan - Cloud has been in the bath twice... (well, several times while it's empty). Both times she's jumped in without looking. First time it was while we were at my parents, and there was only bubbles in it - I'd run it, without checking the hot water was on first - so stone cold bath, and I'd emptied it... The second time I was just about to get in it!!! She's often explored along the ledge if I have been in - usually with a cute little bemused expression on her face "why on earth would you want to get in there Mummy??? Come here and I'll wash you, if you can't do it well enough for yourself!!!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #19

No wonder Bagel wanted you to introduce her and post pics, she's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing her story.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
01-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #20

Great pics she is beautiful