Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #11

Re: "Honey"

awww shes a lovely wee girl! i hope tim and amber come round to her soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #12

I hope there's nothing wrong with her - may just be all the change she's recently had, but you might have a hyper kitten later on tonight.

I would guess that Tim will be the first to come round - Amber may take a while longer, just a gender thing. I don't know if you have a crate or somewhere you can keep Honey safe at night, but where Tim and Amber can see and get used to her smell?

Cats owned: Ragdoll
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Ah well thats another story

Last night Tim "went" for me & hissed at Amber & kitten. Amber hisses at the kitten. They both hissed at me last night - very upsetting as you can imagine

Today ive been going out to T & A regularly - since theyve had their run they stay outside during day or in conservatory, its made them independent ! They dont want to come in Tims been purring & Amber is Amber - "gerrrr off" unless i give you affection type thing. Unless we are out i dont leave them food outside however today thought it prudent to do so. Tim was in this morning for some wet food & a hiss but not as bad as yesterday. I brought Amber in & it was same with her

Now i keep hearing tales about tortishells being tempermental - groan

Shes sleeping a lot today - been asleep 8 hours now under my chair so hope theres nothing wrong...
Honey is so very pretty. Do you try the old talc method when introducing them? Is is worth trying some Feliway ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
07-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by China
Honey is so very pretty. Do you try the old talc method when introducing them? Is is worth trying some Feliway ?
Whats the talc method?

Cats owned: Ragdoll
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Whats the talc method?
Sprinkle a little baby talc into the coats of the cats you are introducing - rub it in (especially around the butt!) and then brush out thoroughly. Theory behind this is that it makes them all smell the same and hopefully helps make the introductions a little easier.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I hope there's nothing wrong with her - may just be all the change she's recently had, but you might have a hyper kitten later on tonight.

I would guess that Tim will be the first to come round - Amber may take a while longer, just a gender thing. I don't know if you have a crate or somewhere you can keep Honey safe at night, but where Tim and Amber can see and get used to her smell?
I have her in a dog crate at night in room - it has bed, litter tray, water & last night food. Tim kept coming in thru window & hissing

Shes wide awake now - leaping & jumping & scatting about! Like wee whirlwind!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #17

She is a little darling......