Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
07-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #1

Sunday thread.

Its been a 5.30am start here, thanks Poppy!!!!! She is full of cold so can't blame her really but its going to be a long day, *yawn*

We put the Christmas Tree up last night and already Merlin is attempting to skydive off it and can see it back in the loft by teatime!!!! Cheeky boy he is

My parents are taking us for Sunday lunch and then we are going to snuggle down with a Christmas dvd. That's with the girls and not my parents! Going to get Bess all the necessaries later too. How exciting

Its frosty out which I love. May take milo in a wee while to clear out the cobwebs.

Keep warm peeps x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
07-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #2

Re: Sunday thread.

good morning all i know dont often manage the morning thread LOL
bright and sunny out, but my god it looks cold.
we are going out about 11-30 going to a toy run on the motor bike so thats going to be cold brrrrrrr
but seeing the kids faces when the bikes arrive thats good worth every bit of of cold n discomfort. havnt done a toy for a while. got a santa hat and ill be decorating bits with tinsle.
going to put up the tree next weekend got to put it up quite high as ben (the dog will want to use it as an indoor loo LOL
have agood day all and wrap up warm.
ps both the boys are good, ronnies waiting for dinner n reggies out some where ,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #3

Morning all, Ive been awake since 5am as I had to go to work!!! It was -3 and a half when I was driving to work n on my way back it was -1 and a half!

Im just gonna chill for the most of today, I really would like to go out and do some shoppin on this cold crispy day though.

Going on a works Do later tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #4

Well, we slept until 8.15 Almost unheard off!! Sebi did his screaming a couple of times in the night, but it was anger rather than upset so I admit to smacking his bottom (through his sleeping bag) and telling him to put his head on the pillow and sleep . . . and he did!!! He also told Ken about it this morning (mummy smack bum [why] sebi sleep) so he know why!! And he's a complete angel this morning!!!!

Anyway, beautifully icy this morning. OH has taken the boys for Domi's riding lesson which has been cancelled so I guess he's taken them for a walk in the woods. I'm polishing the front door, grooming the cats, cleaning the inside windows (always very dirty-looking after the window cleaner has been and washed the outside), and general tidying up.

The floor is fully down as Bruce worked most of yesterday. Just the skirting boards and hearth surround to go back and I can start moving back into the dining room

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #5

It's a gorgeous morning here , like a Christmas card
Been out doing a few shopping visits before I'm off to work again. Feel a bit calmer now I've got started and the stuff I ordered on Amazon will be here to pack this week, phew!
I may have missed a few international posting deadlines but ecards are getting better every year, so I'll send a few of those.

Righto back to Ebay, and more browsing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #6

Afternoon, people! Sunny but still bitterly cold: -2, wind chill -6! Only dashed out to rescue the Sunday papers, Leia wouldn't even think of the porch today; she's dozing on her thermal cushion. Going to try that cabbage and noodle dish this evening. And still have not started cards...will someone please send me some motivation! ? I just cannot seem to get in the mood to do it!

Stay warm, enjoy your plans for the day!

Forgot to say last night's snow was as forecast, just a dusting. thank God!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #7

I am planning on being in the Christmas Spirit by Tuesday when the Outside Decs will go up........YES I put lights outside.... I adore Christmas.

Taylor my niece is singing at Lichfield Cathedral today West Midlands schools choir....junior/infants (ie up to 10) Mom Dad gone to watch my brother told them by train they had to go as not enough room in the car.....(Dad less than impressed) however his face and Mom's was a picture when this morning at 7am into Moor Street station pulled a Steam Train red engine with "seasons greetings" on the front. Everything lovely a cold frost meant it looked like Christmas then the steam train and people walking round offering mugs of hot chocolate....and a group of carol singers....really really nice.
They were off on a steam train trip with breakfast/brunch,. then pulling into Lichfield at 11.30 where they depart and my brother picked them up and was taking them for a Christmas lunch with the children and his wife then they are going to Lichfield Cathedral to listen to Taylor and the other children sing.
I think they will love it.

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #8

Is that enough motivation Eileen.......Steam trains, carol singers, children singing in a Catherdral.......hot chocolate.....Christmas lunch....and all done because we promised ourselves......Me, brother, sister that Mom and Dad deserve to be as suprised/gobsmacked by Christmas as they used to make us.....when we were little.

Christmas is not about presents but the memories, and the feeling when they are being made.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #9

Evening all. I was baby sitting for a friend last night but she couldnt get a taxi and didnt get back till 3.30am only 3 doors aways so no problem realy. OH came to look after them so i could take her dog Maple out (she is so daft black lab and 4). I didnt get up till 1230pm a bit tired today. Got a friend popping over in a bit shes not very well and might need a op we havent seen her for ages. She has simons cousin paris. Apart from that not much more planned but a night infront of the tv.

jane

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Is that enough motivation Eileen.......Steam trains, carol singers, children singing in a Catherdral.......hot chocolate.....Christmas lunch....and all done because we promised ourselves......Me, brother, sister that Mom and Dad deserve to be as suprised/gobsmacked by Christmas as they used to make us.....when we were little.

Christmas is not about presents but the memories, and the feeling when they are being made.
Sounds like you all had a lovely time Kazz and how nice that your parents were treated to a Christmas surprise by you all...

I feel Christmassy already, I had the carols CD on this afternoon while I marzipanned three Christmas cakes. I love this time of the year, love the build up, love seeing the houses sparkling with lights and everything else that leads up to the big day.

I have two Christmas school concerts to go to this week, really looking forward to those, love to hear children singing..