Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
02-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #21

Re: Please sign my petition re: council collection of dead animals

Have signed ....j

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcafc_laura
yola, tbh I think it's pretty unlikely I will get another cat, definetly whilst living here at least. I was so paranoid about Lexi after what happened to my other two cats. At first I didn't want to let her out at all. Eventually I did and she just stayed in our garden, untill we got new neighbours who had cats and she started to follow them a bit. She still never went far though, their garden and the tenfoot. I have spent so much time thinking if only I didn't get her, if only somebody else got her chances are she would still be alive now. I feel so selfish. I should have learnt after what happened to my last two cats, but then other people live round here have cats too and have no problems.

random, the woman who took her in happens to be my sisters friends mum. she didn't actually see it happen, and only knows what she was told by the boys who saw it. Both she and her neighbour went to check Lexi straight away but she was already dead.

I just wish I could know that she died straight away. All I keep imagining is her laying there fitting or crying, alone. I can't bare the thought of it. I'm just so lonely without her.
Hello - firstly I am so sorry that your babe was lost in this way. I have lost two cats to RTA's and felt just as you do.

I spoke to my vet about how I felt and he assures me that the chances are high that they died instantly. But to my question - what if they didn't I was told they would have been in shock so would have felt no pain or even been aware of what happened.

This has helped me enormously and I thought it may help you feel a little bit less distressed in goingover the what if's in your head.

I think it is alovely idea that you were thinking about perhaps some vol work with cats. Maybe you'll bump into a house cat one day. I have had one cat who never went out and she was very happy and contented as an indoor girl.

Time will make it a little less stressful.

Cats owned: NA
04-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #23

Thanks so much for passing on that info from your vet, it helps a lot actually. I just couldn't stand the thought of her been alone and in pain.

I've filled in the form now to become a volunteer for Cat Protection, did it last night. Hopefully will hear something soon.

I've just wrote a (very long) post on the gone but not forgotton page. Bit tearful tonight, boyfs started a new job (nights) so I'm on my own for the first time without her.